Re: Veterans Day Trivia

  • csh_2088
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 11, 2010
      It was not Bob Scott either.

      --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, Raymond OHara <raymondohara@...> wrote:

      > oops I meant Bob Scott.my God is my Co-pilot reference.

    • Raymond OHara
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 11, 2010
        Tex Hill was the 2nd highest AVG ace.
        he was Tex not Pappy.

        > oops I meant Bob Scott.my God is my Co-pilot reference.

      • vermouth_man
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 12, 2010
          John "Pappy" Herbst

          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 12, 2010
            John Herbst is the correct answer for #7. That leaves one question left. Who was the first Major League baseball player to enlist in the United States military when the U.S. first entered World War 1?
          • Teej Smith
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 12, 2010
              Coly wrote:

              That leaves one question left. Who was the first Major League baseball
              player to enlist in the United States military when the U.S. first entered
              World War 1?

              > Hank Gowdy?

              Teej

            • csh_2088
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 12, 2010
                You are correct Teej. Hank Gowdy was the first major league baseball player to enlist after the U.S. entered World War 1.