Re: [20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment] Re: Veterans Day Trivia

  • Raymond OHara
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 11, 2010
      oops I meant Bob Scott.
      my God is my Co-pilot reference.

      --- On Thu, 11/11/10, csh_2088 <csh_2088@...> wrote:

      From: csh_2088 <csh_2088@...>
      Subject: [20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment] Re: Veterans Day Trivia
      To: 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 8:51 PM

      Magaret Corbin is correct but Richard Bong and Bob Johnson is incorrect.
      I believe Bob Johnson was in the European Theater.

    • csh_2088
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 11, 2010
        It was not Bob Scott either.

        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 11, 2010
          Tex Hill was the 2nd highest AVG ace.
          he was Tex not Pappy.

          > oops I meant Bob Scott.my God is my Co-pilot reference.

        • vermouth_man
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 12, 2010
            John "Pappy" Herbst

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 12, 2010
              John Herbst is the correct answer for #7. That leaves one question left. Who was the first Major League baseball player to enlist in the United States military when the U.S. first entered World War 1?
            • Teej Smith
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 12, 2010
                Coly wrote:

                That leaves one question left. Who was the first Major League baseball
                player to enlist in the United States military when the U.S. first entered
                World War 1?

                > Hank Gowdy?

                Teej

              • csh_2088
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 12, 2010
                  You are correct Teej. Hank Gowdy was the first major league baseball player to enlist after the U.S. entered World War 1.