October, 2010 News and Stats for 20th Massachusetts Yahoo Group

  • csh_2088
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2010
      We had a slow month in September after being very active the past couple
      of months but that will happen in groups like this. Just a couple of
      things to report the biggest being Yahoo changing the look of all
      groups. This was not a popular move as most of the owners of the groups
      did not like the new lay out and on top of that all groups were going to
      change over even if group owners did not like it. I have recently found
      out that group owners will not be forced to change over to the new
      layout if they do not want to. I looked at the new group and was not
      that impressed however one positive was that there is a new chat room.
      If anyone thinks that this group should go to the new look Yahoo group
      please let me know.

      I will be having another chat this month and will remind everybody when
      that is. I was told by a couple of members that the time for the chat
      was too early so I will try to schedule it a little later at night.
      Please let me know when the best time of night would make it easier for
      you. Thank you.

      Coly
    • Raymond OHara
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2010
        I usually hate new layouts.
        it seems that all layouts must be changed periodically whether one wants it or not.