Re: [20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment] Re: Blue and Gray Diplomacy

  • Raymond OHara
    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 31, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 100 KB

    --- On Sun, 1/31/10, JOHN HOPE <johnehope@...> wrote:

    From: JOHN HOPE <johnehope@...>
    Subject: Re: [20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment] Re: Blue and Gray Diplomacy
    To: 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 1:57 PM

    I ran out of "round 2its."  It is still on my "2 do" list.

    Message 48 of 48 , Jan 31, 2010

      Thanks John on that site.  It's bookmarked and will come in handy.

      Back in the old days I could buy county road maps from
      my local DOT here in Mississippi and locate all the patents and then
      use several different online map sites to get the satelite views,, Terraserver
      back a few years ago then Google came along and it got much better.

      Now even the MDOT county maps are online, PDF by county,,, I don't
      even have to go buy the paper maps now. The road maps also show most
      old backwoods cemeterys and Google and Bing maps help pinpoint them
      so when you need to get out in the woods to find the old abandoned graveyards
      it's much easier.  Also makes farmer johns house more easily negotiated so
      you'll know which way to sneak into the woods and cemetery and not get shot.

      From: JOHN HOPE <johnehope@prodigy. net>
      To: 20th_Massachusetts_ Infantry_ Regiment@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 2:14 PM
      yeah, I looked up the web site myself ,what a great site ,and no doubt about it I must have had relatives in the war.Now I need to find out some details. thank you vic

      Very easy to find out, especially with an unusual name like Van Tuyl.  A quick search of the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors website http://www.itd. nps.gov/cwss/ soldiers. cfm turned up the following:

      Soldier Names

      Displaying records 1 to 14 of 14

      No.