Re: New Photo Uploaded

  • sandl942000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2004
      Nice picture achaulk. I believe Gen.Meade is fourth from right. Do
      you or anyone else here know who the other officers are?

      --- In 20thMass@yahoogroups.com, "achaulk" <achaulk@y...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      > I posted a picture of my g-g-grandfather General George Macy
      when
      > he was promoted to General Meade's staff. I believe at this point
      > Macy was Provost Marshall for the Army of the Potomac. Macy is far
      > left and the only one without facial hair. Macy was instrumental
      in
      > recruiting Nantucketers into the 20th. If you're interested, check
      > out:
      > http://www.nha.org/HNgeorgenelsonmacy.htm
      >
      > Alex
    • achaulk
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
        --- In 20thMass@yahoogroups.com, "sandl942000" <sandl942000@y...>
        wrote:
        > Nice picture achaulk. I believe Gen.Meade is fourth from right. Do
        > you or anyone else here know who the other officers are?

        It's a Library of Congress photo and the figures in the photo are:

        (L to R)
        Generals George Macy, Alexander Webb, Andrew A. Humphreys, Charles
        Griffin, George G. Meade, John G. Parke, Henry J. Hunt and an unknown
        officer.

        Alex