New Photo Uploaded

  • achaulk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2004
      Hi All,
      I posted a picture of my g-g-grandfather General George Macy when
      he was promoted to General Meade's staff. I believe at this point
      Macy was Provost Marshall for the Army of the Potomac. Macy is far
      left and the only one without facial hair. Macy was instrumental in
      recruiting Nantucketers into the 20th. If you're interested, check
      out:
      http://www.nha.org/HNgeorgenelsonmacy.htm

      Alex
    • sandl942000
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2004
        Nice picture achaulk. I believe Gen.Meade is fourth from right. Do
        you or anyone else here know who the other officers are?

        --- In 20thMass@yahoogroups.com, "achaulk" <achaulk@y...> wrote:
        > Hi All,
        > I posted a picture of my g-g-grandfather General George Macy
        when
        > he was promoted to General Meade's staff. I believe at this point
        > Macy was Provost Marshall for the Army of the Potomac. Macy is far
        > left and the only one without facial hair. Macy was instrumental
        in
        > recruiting Nantucketers into the 20th. If you're interested, check
        > out:
        > http://www.nha.org/HNgeorgenelsonmacy.htm
        >
        > Alex
      • achaulk
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
          --- In 20thMass@yahoogroups.com, "sandl942000" <sandl942000@y...>
          wrote:
          > Nice picture achaulk. I believe Gen.Meade is fourth from right. Do
          > you or anyone else here know who the other officers are?

          It's a Library of Congress photo and the figures in the photo are:

          (L to R)
          Generals George Macy, Alexander Webb, Andrew A. Humphreys, Charles
          Griffin, George G. Meade, John G. Parke, Henry J. Hunt and an unknown
          officer.

          Alex