The Civil War Family

  • jammor2005
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      Could anyone tell me of any good books that deal with family life during the civil war. I would like the book to focus not only the relationships between family members but religion, marriage and how they dealt with the war.
    • Coly
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2009
        Jammor

        When I was in Gettysburg I bought a book called Civil War Civilians which was written by Juanita Leisch. It is only 85 pages long and briefly covers different aspects of civilians during the war such as marriage, siblings, religion and death. It does not go into great detail but does give a nice summary of the topics mentioned.

        Coly