New poll for 20thMass

  • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 1, 2004
      20thMass group:

      If the northern states had decided they
      did not want to be a part of a nation
      that allowed slavery and seceded what
      would you do? Feel free to discuss it
      on the message board.

      o I still would have fought for the north.
      o I would have fought for the south.
      o I would not have fought at all.

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 21, 2004
        20thMass group:

        What defeat was the most devasting for
        the Army of the Potomac?

        o 1st Bull Run
        o Balls Bluff
        o 2nd Bull Run
        o Fredricksburg
        o Chancellorville
        o Cold Harbor
        o Petersburg

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 17, 2004
          20thMass group:

          If the Confedrates would have won at
          Gettysburg, what would have been the
          final result of the war?

          o The North would have still won the war
          o The South would have won the war
          o There would have been a settlement between the North and South
          o The war would have gone on for years ending with no real winner

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 17 , May 19, 2004
            20thMass group:

            What battle do you think was the
            turning point of the Civil War?

            o Antietam
            o Vicksburg
            o Gettysburg
            o Chattanooga
            o Spottsylvania

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 5 6:07 AM
              20thMass group:

              How many people will buy the new regimental history on the
              20th Massachusetts?

              o Yes, I will buy it
              o No, I will not buy it

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 27, 2006
                20thMass group:

                What did you think of Richard Miller's regimental history of the 20th Massachusetts?

                o 4 Stars - It was great
                o 3 Stars - It was very good
                o 2 Stars - It was Average
                o 1 Star - It was terrible

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • jammor2005
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 29, 2006
                  I gave the book 3 stars. I thought it gave a good description of the
                  battles they fought in and was also fascinated with a fact that there
                  was a split between the officers based on class and politics. I would
                  have given it 4 stars but two things were missing. There was no roster
                  and the book fizzles out after the fall campaigns of 1864. The
                  regiment was in service until the end of the war but, not much is
                  mentioned of there part in the 1865 battles.
                • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 29, 2006
                    20thMass group:

                    Who do you think is most to blame for the Ball's Bluff loss?

                    o General George McClellan
                    o Colonel Charles Stone
                    o Colonel Edward Baker
                    o Colonel William Lee (20th Massachusetts)
                    o Colonel Milton Cogswell (42nd New York)
                    o Colonel Charles Devens (15th Massachusetts)
                    o Colonel Issac Wishtar ( 1st California)
                    o Other

                    web site listed above.

                    Thanks!
                  • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 18, 2007
                      20thMass group:

                      Why did you join the 20th Massachusetts Yahoo Group?

                      o A descendant of mine fought in the regiment.
                      o I don't have a descendant that was in the regiment but I find the 20th Massachusetts interesting.
                      o I am a Civil War fanatic and will join any group that is about the Civil War.

                      web site listed above.

                      Thanks!
                    • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 5, 2007
                        20thMass group:

                        A member sent a message asking about us chatting on Yahoo Messenger. Would the members here like to chat on Yahoo Messenger or another messenger service?

                        o Yes
                        o No

                        web site listed above.

                        Thanks!
                      • randy richardson
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 5, 2007
                          no
                          --- 20thMass@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                          > Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created
                          > for the
                          > 20thMass group:
                          >
                          > A member sent a message asking about us chatting on
                          > Yahoo Messenger. Would the members here like to chat
                          > on Yahoo Messenger or another messenger service?
                          >
                          > o Yes
                          > o No

                          > Note: Please do not reply to this message. Poll
                          > votes are
                          > not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the
                          > Yahoo! Groups
                          > web site listed above.
                          >
                          > Thanks!
                          >

                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • jammor2005
                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 5, 2007
                            Put me down for yes.

                          • WEB455@AOL.COM
                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 6, 2007
                              Just voted on why I joined, but How could a descendent of mine fought in the Civil war? I was born in 1954. :o)

                              Tony

                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 6, 2007
                                I wondered why no one voted they had an ancestor in the regiment, it wasn't even a choice.  It is a good thing I was never the author of any Civil War books or I would have really screwed  Civil War history up.  :D

                                Coly

                              • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 9, 2008
                                  20thMass group:

                                  Who do you think was the 20th Massachusetts best Brigade Commander?

                                  o Fredrick Lander
                                  o Napolean J.T. Dana
                                  o Norman Hall
                                  o Alexander Webb