Re: [20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment] American Civil War Trivia 8

  • WEB455@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 9, 2009
      #7 2nd Mass

      Tony

    • WEB455@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 9, 2009
        In a message dated 2/9/2009 3:35:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lpydb@... writes:
        the Irish Brigade that would see
        action in the Western Theater?

        #9  7th Missouri  and  30th Missouri Regiments

        Tony

      • Coly
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 10, 2009
          Questions 1, 2, 3, 7 and 9 have been answered correctly. I should
          rephrase question 6. Which New York Infantry Regiment had the highest
          percentage of soldiers killed in battle for the entire war?

          --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, WEB455@...
          wrote:

          > In a message dated 2/9/2009 3:35:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          > lpydb@... writes:
          >
          > the Irish Brigade that would see
          > action in the Western Theater?
          >

          > #9 7th Missouri and 30th Missouri Regiments
          >
          > Tony
          > **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
          easy
          > steps!

          (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1218550342x1201216770/aol?redir\
          =http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%2\
          6bcd=fe
          > bemailfooterNO62)

        • vermouth_man
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 11, 2009
            #6 is the 69th New York of the Irish Brigade.

            --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, "Coly"
            <lpydb@...> wrote:

            > Questions 1, 2, 3, 7 and 9 have been answered correctly. I should
            > rephrase question 6. Which New York Infantry Regiment had the highest
            > percentage of soldiers killed in battle for the entire war?
            >
            > --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, WEB455@
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > In a message dated 2/9/2009 3:35:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            > > lpydb@ writes:
            > >
            > > the Irish Brigade that would see
            > > action in the Western Theater?
            > >

            > > #9 7th Missouri and 30th Missouri Regiments
            > >
            > > Tony
            > > **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
            > easy
            > > steps!

            (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1218550342x1201216770/aol?redir\

            =http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%2\
            > 6bcd=fe
            > > bemailfooterNO62)

          • Coly
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 11, 2009
              The answers or this weeks trivia are:

              1. 17th Maine

              2. The 39th new York also known as the Garibaldi Guards

              3. 8th Michigan

              4. The 23rd U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment had the most casualities with
              74 killed, 115 wounded and 121 missing and captured or a total of 310
              casualities.

              5. The 22nd Massachusetts had a total of 216 officers and enlisted men
              killed in action 15.5% of its total strength.

              6. The 69th New York had 259 officers and enlisted men killed in action
              17.1% of its total strength.

              7. Edward and Fletcher Abbott served in the 2nd Massachusetts. Edward
              was killed in the battle of Cedar Mountain.

              8. 16th New York Cavalry

              9. 29th Massachusetts

              10. 43rd Mississippi had a camel as a mascot named Douglas. Douglas was
              killed during the Vicksburg campaign.