Re: [20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment] American Civil War Trivia 8

  • WEB455@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 9, 2009
      In a message dated 2/9/2009 3:35:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lpydb@... writes:
      1. This regiments nickname is the "Red Diamond Regiment?"

      #1 17th Maine

      # 2 39th NY

      #3  8th Michigan

      #8 26th NY Calvary

      # 19 43rd Mississippi  - Douglas

      Tony

    • WEB455@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 9, 2009
        #7 2nd Mass

        Tony

      • WEB455@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 9, 2009
          In a message dated 2/9/2009 3:35:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lpydb@... writes:
          the Irish Brigade that would see
          action in the Western Theater?

          #9  7th Missouri  and  30th Missouri Regiments

          Tony

        • Coly
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 10, 2009
            Questions 1, 2, 3, 7 and 9 have been answered correctly. I should
            rephrase question 6. Which New York Infantry Regiment had the highest
            percentage of soldiers killed in battle for the entire war?

            --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, WEB455@...
            wrote:

            > In a message dated 2/9/2009 3:35:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            > lpydb@... writes:
            >
            > the Irish Brigade that would see
            > action in the Western Theater?
            >

            > #9 7th Missouri and 30th Missouri Regiments
            >
            > Tony
            > **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
            easy
            > steps!

            (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1218550342x1201216770/aol?redir\
            =http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%2\
            6bcd=fe
            > bemailfooterNO62)

          • vermouth_man
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 11, 2009
              #6 is the 69th New York of the Irish Brigade.

              --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, "Coly"
              <lpydb@...> wrote:

              > Questions 1, 2, 3, 7 and 9 have been answered correctly. I should
              > rephrase question 6. Which New York Infantry Regiment had the highest
              > percentage of soldiers killed in battle for the entire war?
              >
              > --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, WEB455@
              > wrote:
              > >

              > > In a message dated 2/9/2009 3:35:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              > > lpydb@ writes:
              > >
              > > the Irish Brigade that would see
              > > action in the Western Theater?
              > >

              > > #9 7th Missouri and 30th Missouri Regiments
              > >
              > > Tony
              > > **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
              > easy
              > > steps!

              (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1218550342x1201216770/aol?redir\

              =http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%2\
              > 6bcd=fe
              > > bemailfooterNO62)

            • Coly
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 11, 2009
                The answers or this weeks trivia are:

                1. 17th Maine

                2. The 39th new York also known as the Garibaldi Guards

                3. 8th Michigan

                4. The 23rd U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment had the most casualities with
                74 killed, 115 wounded and 121 missing and captured or a total of 310
                casualities.

                5. The 22nd Massachusetts had a total of 216 officers and enlisted men
                killed in action 15.5% of its total strength.

                6. The 69th New York had 259 officers and enlisted men killed in action
                17.1% of its total strength.

                7. Edward and Fletcher Abbott served in the 2nd Massachusetts. Edward
                was killed in the battle of Cedar Mountain.

                8. 16th New York Cavalry

                9. 29th Massachusetts

                10. 43rd Mississippi had a camel as a mascot named Douglas. Douglas was
                killed during the Vicksburg campaign.