Re: American Civil War Trivia 5

  • Coly
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
      All the answers have been answered except for question 9.

      Answers so far:
      1. Diarrhea
      2. Julius Caesar
      3. Army issued beef saturated in salt
      4. Andersonville
      5. Abatis
      6. General Lew Wallace
      7. A secret society of southern sympathizers living in the North.
      8. Washington in 1793 gave a speech that lasted less than 2 minutes.
      9. Unanswered
      10. Ronald Reagan 1981 inauguration reached a high of 55 degrees and at
      the 1985 inauguration the temperture only reached 7 degrees.
    • al
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
        The answer to question 9 is William Mckinley on March 4, 1901

        Al
      • Coly
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
          That is correct Al.

          --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, "al"
          <vieralighthouse@...> wrote:

          > The answer to question 9 is William Mckinley on March 4, 1901
          >
          > Al

        • Raymond ohara
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 22, 2009

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 23, 2009
              The answers to the trivia are:

              1. Diarrhea
              2. Julius Caesar
              3. Army issued beef saturated in salt
              4. Andersonville
              5. Abatis
              6. General Lew Wallace
              7. A secret society of southern sympathizers living in the North.
              8. Washington in 1793 gave a speech that lasted less than 2 minutes.
              9. William McKinely in 1897

              --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, Raymond
              ohara <raymondohara@...> wrote:

> [...]
              Trivia 5
              > To: 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com
              > Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 5:50 PM
              >

              > I am starting up the trivia game again and because this is the day of
              > the Presidential Inauguration I have added three questions dealing
              with
              > Presidential Inaugurations.
              >
              > 1. In the Civil War if you had "Green-Apple Quickstep" what medical
              > condition did you have?
              > diarhea
              >

              > 2. On November 25, 1864 the Booth brothers ( Edwin, John Wilkes and
              > Junius) performed together for the only time at the Winter Garden
              > Theater. What was the name of the play they performed in?
              >
              > 3. What is a "Salt Horse"?
              >
              > salt beef
              >

              > 4. Camp Sumter is better known by what name?
              >
              > andersonville
              >

              > 5. An obstacle formed of trees felled toward the enemy is called what?
              >
              > abatis
              >

              > 6. Which U.S. General was the author of Ben Hur?
              >

              > lew wallace
              >
              > 7. Who were the Knights of the Golden Circle?
              >
              > a southernan anti-american secret society
              >

              > 8. Which President gave the shortest inaugural speech?
              >
              > grant
              >

              > 9. Which presidential inauguration was the first to be filmed?
              >
              > 10. His first presidential inauguration was the warmest on record and
              > his second presidential inauguration was the coldest on record. Who
              was
              > the President being inaugurated?

            • Folo Watkins
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 23, 2009
                A very neat quiz, and I learned something. I had assumed that TR's
                was the first inauguration on moving pictures. It seems more than
                appropriate for this list that it was McKinley since he was the last
                president who served in the war!

                Cheers, Folo Watkins
                (mainly a lurker from another time)