Civil War Uniforms: Double the Value of your Shirt!

  • paulamccoach
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2005
      Civil War Uniforms: Double the Value of Your Civil War Shirt!
      By Paula and Coach McCoach
      http://www.civilwaruniforms.net

      5 Tips to Creating a Shirt that is not only authentic but also
      Expensive!

      You probably will not start the hobby out as much of a tailor. My
      first few handmade items were a joke, but eventually I got to where I
      can put together a good uniform.

      Basic sewing skills are all you need to skyrocket the authenticity
      and value of your Civil War uniform shirt.

      1. To start, you could purchase a shirt that is already made
      that has machine buttonholes in it and rework the buttonholes to make
      it look more authentic. Take a seam ripper and pick out the
      buttonholes and handwork them.

      2. I would stay away from shirts that were real fancy. Check
      original photographs to get a feel for the appropriate style for your
      Civil War uniform shirt.

      3. I would pick out and redo by hand all exposed machine
      stitching. Someone can show you how to do that in about 15 minutes.

      4. You should have about 6-7 stitches per inch. You have just
      increased the value of your shirt and made it more authentic.

      5. Most shirts were privately obtained although shirts were
      issued at times even including blue striped British army issue.

      Basic sewing skills are easy to learn and very useful. Learning how
      to sew can also make you not only an authentic Civil War Uniform
      shirt, but can increase your bank account as well.

      Coach McCoach invites you to subscribe to the Civil War Uniform News
      where you will receive information weekly on every possible Civil War
      Uniform item! You will also receive a free uniforms course for
      subscribing. Click on this link to subscribe -
      http://www.civilwaruniforms.net

      If you need the information about Civil War Uniforms NOW, go to
      http://www.civilwaruniforms.net and purchase a Civil War Uniforms
      Course