New poll for 20thMass

  • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 5, 2005
      20thMass group:

      How many people will buy the new regimental history on the
      20th Massachusetts?

      o Yes, I will buy it
      o No, I will not buy it

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 27, 2006
        20thMass group:

        What did you think of Richard Miller's regimental history of the 20th Massachusetts?

        o 4 Stars - It was great
        o 3 Stars - It was very good
        o 2 Stars - It was Average
        o 1 Star - It was terrible

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • jammor2005
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 29, 2006
          I gave the book 3 stars. I thought it gave a good description of the
          battles they fought in and was also fascinated with a fact that there
          was a split between the officers based on class and politics. I would
          have given it 4 stars but two things were missing. There was no roster
          and the book fizzles out after the fall campaigns of 1864. The
          regiment was in service until the end of the war but, not much is
          mentioned of there part in the 1865 battles.
        • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 29, 2006
            20thMass group:

            Who do you think is most to blame for the Ball's Bluff loss?

            o General George McClellan
            o Colonel Charles Stone
            o Colonel Edward Baker
            o Colonel William Lee (20th Massachusetts)
            o Colonel Milton Cogswell (42nd New York)
            o Colonel Charles Devens (15th Massachusetts)
            o Colonel Issac Wishtar ( 1st California)
            o Other

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 18, 2007
              20thMass group:

              Why did you join the 20th Massachusetts Yahoo Group?

              o A descendant of mine fought in the regiment.
              o I don't have a descendant that was in the regiment but I find the 20th Massachusetts interesting.
              o I am a Civil War fanatic and will join any group that is about the Civil War.

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 5, 2007
                20thMass group:

                A member sent a message asking about us chatting on Yahoo Messenger. Would the members here like to chat on Yahoo Messenger or another messenger service?

                o Yes
                o No

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • randy richardson
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 5, 2007
                  no
                  --- 20thMass@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                  > Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created
                  > for the
                  > 20thMass group:
                  >
                  > A member sent a message asking about us chatting on
                  > Yahoo Messenger. Would the members here like to chat
                  > on Yahoo Messenger or another messenger service?
                  >
                  > o Yes
                  > o No

                  > Note: Please do not reply to this message. Poll
                  > votes are
                  > not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the
                  > Yahoo! Groups
                  > web site listed above.
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • jammor2005
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 5, 2007
                    Put me down for yes.

                  • WEB455@AOL.COM
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 6, 2007
                      Just voted on why I joined, but How could a descendent of mine fought in the Civil war? I was born in 1954. :o)

                      Tony

                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 6, 2007
                        I wondered why no one voted they had an ancestor in the regiment, it wasn't even a choice.  It is a good thing I was never the author of any Civil War books or I would have really screwed  Civil War history up.  :D

                        Coly

                      • 20thMass@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 9, 2008
                          20thMass group:

                          Who do you think was the 20th Massachusetts best Brigade Commander?

                          o Fredrick Lander
                          o Napolean J.T. Dana
                          o Norman Hall
                          o Alexander Webb