Vanishing Arizona

    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2005
      I have just discovered that one of the wives of the officers from the
      20th Massachusetts once wrote a book. The book is called "Vanishing
      Arizona: Recollections of My Army Life" and was written by Martha
      Dunham Summerhayes. The book is about her life out west as the wife
      of an army officer and the hardships she faced. The book has received
      high praise from critics.

      Her husband was John Summerhayes who was with the 20th Massachusetts
      from Balls Bluff to General Lee's surrender. He would obtain the rank
      of Captain and at the end of the war would be breveted a Major.