Re: Women in the Civil War

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2005
      Jammor2005,

      For books on this subject I would go to alibris.com or abebooks.com
      see what they have. I did find a link that might be helpful for your
      research, http://womenshistory.about.com/od/civilwar/

      As for womens sexuality there is a book by Thomas P. Lowery called,
      The
      Story the Soldiers wouldn't tell: Sex in the Civil War.

      --- In 20thMass@yahoogroups.com, "jammor2005" <jammor2005@y...> wrote:

      > Could anyone tell me where I could find books on women who fought
      as
      > soldiers in the Civil War. I am doing a report at the college I
      > attend.
      > I originally was going to do a report on women's sexuality during
      the
      > war but that was impossible to research.
    • Bill Merritt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2005
        Two books you might want to look at are "Women at War" by L.P. Brockett and Mary C. Vaugh, a reprint of a book originally published in 1867 by Longmeadow Press, 201 High Ridge Road, Stamford, CT, and "Women at Gettysburg" by E.J. Conklin, by Thomas Publications, P.O. Box 3031, Gettysburg, PA.

        lpydb <lpydb@...> wrote:

        Jammor2005,

        For books on this subject I would go to alibris.com or abebooks.com
        see what they have. I did find a link that might be helpful for your
        research, http://womenshistory.about.com/od/civilwar/

        As for womens sexuality there is a book by Thomas P. Lowery called,
        The
        Story the Soldiers wouldn't tell: Sex in the Civil War.

        --- In 20thMass@yahoogroups.com, "jammor2005" <jammor2005@y...> wrote:

        > Could anyone tell me where I could find books on women who fought
        as
        > soldiers in the Civil War. I am doing a report at the college I
        > attend.
        > I originally was going to do a report on women's sexuality during
        the
        > war but that was impossible to research.

        Yahoo! Groups Links