Re: [20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment] Another Chat Night

  • Raymond ohara
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 30, 2008

      sure i'm game

      --- On Wed, 4/30/08, lpydb <lpydb@...> wrote:

      From: lpydb <lpydb@...>
      Subject: [20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment] Another Chat Night
      To: 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, April 30, 2008, 3:42 PM

      About four or five members of the group had a chat on yahoo messenger
      about 2 months ago. I was wondering if people here are interested in
      doing this again. To particpate you have to have Yahoo messenger
      installed which is free and I have to have you saved as a friend so that
      I can invite you to Conference mode. If you are interested please let me
      know. The chat will not happen until at least late next week.

      I would also like to know if anyone has a particular topic they would
      like to discuss.

      Coly

    • John W. Knecht
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2008
        I would love to be involved with another chat night. Also if they
        aren't on your list.. All they need to do is Pm me and I know how to
        invite them regaurdlless of if they're on my list or not
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1, 2008
          Does anyone have a topic they would like to discuss? I would like to
          keep the topice 20th Massachusetts related.

          Coly

          --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, "lpydb"
          <lpydb@...> wrote:

          > About four or five members of the group had a chat on yahoo messenger
          > about 2 months ago. I was wondering if people here are interested in
          > doing this again. To particpate you have to have Yahoo messenger
          > installed which is free and I have to have you saved as a friend so
          that
          > I can invite you to Conference mode. If you are interested please let
          me
          > know. The chat will not happen until at least late next week.
          >
          > I would also like to know if anyone has a particular topic they would
          > like to discuss.
          >
          > Coly

        • Dave M
          Message 4 of 17 , May 1, 2008
            I would love to chat with everyone.
            Dave

            lpydb <lpydb@...>

            About four or five members of the group had a chat on yahoo messenger
            about 2 months ago. I was wondering if people here are interested in
            doing this again. To particpate you have to have Yahoo messenger
            installed which is free and I have to have you saved as a friend so that
            I can invite you to Conference mode. If you are interested please let me
            know. The chat will not happen until at least late next week.

            I would also like to know if anyone has a particular topic they would
            like to discuss.

            Coly

          • Michael Peters
            Message 5 of 17 , May 1, 2008
              How about the 20th Massachusetts' fight through the streets of Fredericksburg?

              Respectively,

              Mike Peters

              Message 6 of 17 , May 2, 2008
                One vote for street fight in Fredericksburg.

                --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, Michael
                Peters <colliszouave@...> wrote:

                > How about the 20th Massachusetts' fight through the streets of
                Fredericksburg?

                > Respectively,
                >
                > Mike Peters
                > colliszouave@...
                >

                > lpydb lpydb@... wrote:
                >
                > Does anyone have a topic they would like to discuss? I would like to
                > keep the topice 20th Massachusetts related.
                >
                > Coly
                >
                > --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, "lpydb"
                > lpydb@ wrote:
                > >

                > > About four or five members of the group had a chat on yahoo
                messenger
                > > about 2 months ago. I was wondering if people here are interested in
                > > doing this again. To particpate you have to have Yahoo messenger
                > > installed which is free and I have to have you saved as a friend so
                > that
                > > I can invite you to Conference mode. If you are interested please
                let
                > me
                > > know. The chat will not happen until at least late next week.
                > >
                > > I would also like to know if anyone has a particular topic they
                would
                > > like to discuss.
                > >
                > > Coly
                > >

                > ---------------------------------
                it now.

              • John J Merchlinsky
                Message 7 of 17 , May 2, 2008

                  Count me in for the 20th Mass’s fight through the Streets

                  href="mailto:20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment%40yahoogroups.com">20th_Massachusetts_ Infantry_ Regiment@ yahoogroups. com, "lpydb"

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 5, 2008

                    It looks like it will be the street fight in Fredericksburg.  Two books to read about the street fight is Harvard's Civil War and Fredericksburg: Winter War on the Rappahannock.

                    Right now chat night will be next Monday night, May 12, 8:00 pm Eastern Time. If anyone has any questions please let me know.

                    Coly

                    --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, "John J Merchlinsky " <merch42@...> wrote:

                    > Count me in for the 20th Mass's fight through the Streets
                    >

                    > _____

                  • Brigitte Cherubini
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 5, 2008
                      where do you have the chat?
                      Brigitte

                      lpydb <lpydb@...> wrote:
                      It looks like it will be the street fight in Fredericksburg.  Two books to read about the street fight is Harvard's Civil War and Fredericksburg: Winter War on the Rappahannock.
                      Right now chat night will be next Monday night, May 12, 8:00 pm Eastern Time. If anyone has any questions please let me know.
                      Coly

                      --- In 20th_Massachusetts_ Infantry_ Regiment@ yahoogroups. com, "John J Merchlinsky " <merch42@...> wrote:

                      > Count me in for the 20th Mass's fight through the Streets
                      >

                      > _____

                    • coly hope
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 5, 2008
                        Brigitte,

                        First off let me say welcome to the group.

                        As for the chat we do that on yahoo messenger. You need to install yahoo messenger (which is free) and then we can save one another as a friend. On chat night I will invite you and other members of the group saved as friends to conference mode on Yahoo messenger to chat.

                        Coly

                        Brigitte Cherubini <brigittecherubini@...> wrote:
                        where do you have the chat?
                        Brigitte

                      • Brigitte Cherubini
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 5, 2008
                          ok, i do have Yahoo messenger. I think it would be interesting. Do you ever do that on weekends?

                          coly hope <lpydb@...> wrote:
                          Brigitte,

                          First off let me say welcome to the group.

                          As for the chat we do that on yahoo messenger. You need to install yahoo messenger (which is free) and then we can save one another as a friend. On chat night I will invite you and other members of the group saved as friends to conference mode on Yahoo messenger to chat.

                          Coly

                          Brigitte Cherubini <brigittecherubini@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                          where do you have the chat?
                          Brigitte

                          lpydb <lpydb@yahoo. com> wrote:
                          It looks like it will be the street fight in Fredericksburg.  Two books to read about the street fight is Harvard's Civil War and Fredericksburg: Winter War on the Rappahannock.
                          Right now chat night will be next Monday night, May 12, 8:00 pm Eastern Time. If anyone has any questions please let me know.
                          Coly

                          --- In 20th_Massachusetts_ Infantry_ Regiment@ yahoogroups. com, "John J Merchlinsky " <merch42@...> wrote:

                          > Count me in for the 20th Mass's fight through the Streets
                          >

                          > _____

                           Ms. gulfcoast

                          Message 12 of 17 , May 5, 2008
                            This is only the second time we have done this and both were on
                            weekdays.

                            Coly

                            --- In 20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment@yahoogroups.com, Brigitte

                            Message 13 of 17 , May 5, 2008
                              Okey dokey. Just curious.

                              Message 14 of 17 , May 11, 2008
                                Re: John Bell Hood & the use of laudanum, I suggest reading the article located at the following:

                                Respectively,

                                Mike Peters

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 16, 2008
                                  Because our chat on Pickett's Charge went so well I thought we would
                                  have another one. I have talked to Kevin and we can use the chat room at
                                  military-discussion.com this coming Tuesday, July 22 at 8 PM Eastern
                                  time. We will try to have a chat every week. The topic this coming
                                  Tuesday will be The Leadership of the Officers in the 20th
                                  Massachusetts. We will discuss the officers of the regiment and their
                                  impact on the unit. We will also discuss the rivalry between the
                                  Copperheads and abolitionists that were officers in the unit.

                                  To join in the chat you must be registered for the chat room at
                                  military-discussion.com. If you have any questions please reply to this
                                  message in the group or email me at lpydb@.... Lokk forward to
                                  chatting with you.

                                  Coly
                                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment