Table Gifts

  • toneo_w
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 26 11:54 AM
      This will be 1st time attending convention. I'm already planning my table gifts. I hope the people at my table will enjoy what I give. :)

      Tony
    • jolino@flash.net
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 20, 2013
        Kelly,

        If you find out at the last minute that you're "in", as some mentioned, there are room sales, and the sales room to make purchases for your tablemates. Another idea is to purchase raffle tickets for your tablemates. I LOVE me some raffle tickets! I admit I spend a small fortune, but last year I won, I think, 9 different raffles! =) And it's my understanding it all goes to the charity.

        Also remember, table gifts are not mandatory. Some people do a little something, even if it's just one small affordable gift; Others go all out and spend a fortune; yet still others just don't have the money (or inclination) to do anything at all. Once you're confirmed (and there is a huge probability you WILL get in), don't sweat the small stuff. There are plenty of things at convention to buy---you can shop 'til you drop (or run out of money, whichever comes first... lol!)

        Bottom line: As a first timer, just plan on having FUN! That's the most important thing! You'll meet many people who will become friends for life! To me, that, plus raising money for charity, is what convention is all about. Your first convention is super-special, and you'll remember it for the rest of your life!

        ~Lisa~