The Ancient Language of God

  • Pakal
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      I finally realized what the movie Apocalipto is all about as the
      principal theme since it requires most actors to talk in the ancient
      Nahuatl language. The conclusion came to me while in meditation
      reading the Nican Mopohua, the story of the apparition of the Mayan
      Virgin of Guadalupe. Here's the first paragraph (the first apparition
      of three) of the original Mayan language which the Virgin of
      Guadalupe used to communicate with the indian Juan Diego, followed by
      the text in English.
      ""MAXICMATTI, MA HUEL YUH YE IN MOYOLLO, NOXOCOYOUH,CANEHUATL IN
      NICENQUIZCACEMICAC ICHPOCHTLI SANTA MARIA, IN INANTZIN IN HUEL NELLI
      TEOTL DIOS, IN IPALNEMOHUANI, IN TEYOCOYANI, IN TLOQUE NAHUAQUE, IN
      ILHUICAHUA, IN TLALTICPAQUE. HUEL NICNEQUI, CENCA NIQUELEHUIZ INIC
      NICAN NECHQUECHILIZQUE NOTEOCALTZIN.
      IN ONCAN NICNEXTIX, NICPANTLAZAZ NICTEMACAZ IN IXQUICH
      NOTETLAZOTLALIZ, NOTEICNOITTALIZ, IN NOTEPALEHUILIZ, IN
      NOTEMANAHUILIZ, CA NEL NEHUATL IN NAMOICNOHUACANANTZIN,
      IN TEHUATL IHUAN IN IXQUIXHTIN IN IC NICAN TLALPAN ANCEPANTLACA,
      IHUAN IN OCCEQUIN NEPAPANTLACA NOTETLAZOTLACAHUAN, IN NOTECH
      MOTZATZILIA, IN NECHTEMOA, IN NOTECH MOTECHILIA, CA ONCAN
      NIQUINCAQUILIZ IN INCHOQUIZ, IN ITLAOCOL, INIC NICYECTILIZ
      NICPATIZ IN IXQUICH NEPAPAN INNETOLINILIZ, INTONEHUIZ,
      INCHICHINAQUILIZ.
      AUH INIC NUELNELTIZ IN NICNEMILIA IN NOTEICNOITTALIZ MA XIAUH IN OMPA
      IN ITECOANCHAN IN MEXICO OBISPO, AUH TIQUILHUIZ IN QUENIN NEHUA
      NIMITZTITLANI INIC TIQUIXPANTIZ IN QUENIN HUEL CENCA NIQUELEHUIA INIC
      NICAN NECHCALTI,NECHQUECHILI IN IPAN IN TLALMANTLI NOTEOCAL; HUEL MOCH
      TICPOHUILIZ IN IXQUICH IN OTIQUITTAC, OTICMAHUIZO, IHUAN IN TLEIN
      OTICCAC.
      AUH MA YUH YE IN MOYOLLO CA HUEL NICTLAZOCAMATTIZ, AUH CA
      NIQUIXTLAHUAZ CA IC NIMITZCUILTONOZ, NIMITXTLAMACHTIZ,
      IHUAN MIEC ONCAN TICMACEHUAZ IC NICCUEPCAYOTIZ IN MOCIAHUILIZ, IN
      MOTEQUIPANOLIZ IN IC TICNEMILITIUH IN TLEIN NIMITZTITLANI.
      OCAYEOTICCAC NOXOCOYOUH, IN NIIYO, IN NOTLATOL; MA XIMOHUICATIUH, MA
      IXQUICH MOTLAPAL XICMOCHIHUIHUILI."

      Here's the text in English:
      "KNOW, KNOW FOR SURE, MY DEAREST AND YOUNGEST SON, THAT I AM THE
      PERFERCT EVER VIRGIN HOLY MARY, MOTHER OF THE ONE GREAT GOD OF TRUTH
      WHO GIVES US LIFE, THE INVENTOR AND CREATOR OF PEOPLE. THE OWNER AND
      LORD OF WHAT ES AROUND US AND WHAT IJS TOUCHING US OR VERY CLOSE TO
      US THE OWNER AND LORD OF THE SKY, THE OWNER OF THE EARTH. I WANT VERY
      MUCH THAT THEY BUILD MY SACRED LITTLE HOUSE HERE.
      IN WHICH I WILL SHOW HIM, I WILL EXALT HIM ON MAKING HIM MANIFEST:
      I WILL GIVE HIM TO THE PEOPLE IN ALL MY PERSONAL LOVE, IN MY
      COMPASSIONATE GAZE, IN MY HELP, IN MY SALVATION:
      BECAUSE I AM TRULY YOUR COMPASSIONATE MOTHER,
      YOURS AND OF ALL THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE TOGETHER IN THIS LAND,
      AND OF ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT ANCESTRIES, MY LOVERS, THOSE
      WHO CRY TO ME, THOSE WHO SEEK ME, THOSE WHO TRUST IN ME,
      BECAUSE THERE I WILL LISTEN TO THEIR WEEPING, THEIR SADNESS, TO
      REMEDY, TO CLEANSE AND NURSE ALL THEIR DIFFERENT TROUBLES, THEIR
      MISERIES, THEIR SUFFERING.
      AND TO BRING ABOUT WHAT MY COMPASSIONATE AND MERCIFUL GAZE IS TRYING
      TO DO, GO TO THE RESIDENCE OF THE BISHOP OF MEXICO, AND YOU WILL TELL
      HIM HOW I AM SENDING YOU, SO THAT YOU MAY REVEAL TO HIM THAT I VERY
      MUCH WANT HIM TO BUILD ME A HOUSE HERE, TO ERECT MY TEMPLE FOR ME ON
      THE PLAIN; YOU WILL TELL HIM EVERYTHING, ALL THAT YOU HAVE SEEN AND
      MARVELED AT, AND WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD.
      AND KNOW FOR SURE THAT I WILL APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH AND REWARD IT,
      THAT BECAUSE OF IT I WILL ENRICH YOU, I WILL GLORIFY YOU;
      AND BECAUSE OF IT YOU WILL DESERVE VERY MUCH THE WAY THAT I REWARD
      YOUR FATIGUE, YOUR SERVICE IN GOING TO REQUEST THE MATTER THAT I AM
      SENDING YOU FOR.
      NOW, MY DEAREST SON, YOU HAVE HEARD MY BREATH, MY WORD: GO, DO WHAT
      YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR (IN THIS EFFORT)."
      Pakal Ahau