Re: the big day

  • rubberdown1969
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2005
      Seeing as how the Olmec\Mayan calenda is based on sun cycles, I happen
      to think that any likely event on 23rd Dec 2012, will be related to
      the Sun's activity.
      Every 11 years the sun goes through a cycle of increased sun spot
      activity as the magnetic field 'winds up' (the plasma at the equator
      spins faster than at the poles)like a spring & then twists & breaks
      the surface causing the loops we see in coronal mass ejections.
      In 2012 the Sun will go through a major cycle of upheaval & if the
      Earth happens to be in the way, then the electromagnetic forces
      impacting on us will cause devistation on a global scale.
      Increased radiation, Tornadoes\hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes &
      tidal waves that go with the above.

      seefromyalayda

      rubberdown
    • mmorfunn
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2005
        Thanks rubberdown, I've been waiting a while.

        Do you also think that there could possibly be no such thing as the end
        of time in 2012? Obviously, most of the world doesn't, tho' the level
        of denial in our species as a whole may account for a lot of that.

        Me, yeah, I am something of a believer and am looking forward to 'the
        big day' as I've called it, but unless things have started going very
        haywire in a physical sense in a period of, say, 3 months before then,
        then I will become very doughtful. What I mean is, it will have to be a
        lot more than just human behaviour on and around that date that is
        going to have to change for there to be the end of time. Something very
        substantial is going to have to happen in our corner of the universe to
        cause the end of time.

        Will planet X swing by? For my money, if we got singed by the tale of a
        large comet in a near miss, that would be sufficient. A lot of
        contributors here seem to think it is going to be just the personal
        choices of people here on earth. Me, I think it is going to be a lot
        more than that.
      • mmorfunn
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2005
          Here's one for ya.

          We discover an easy way to do time-travel at home. All we have to do is
          play our favourite cd in upside down or a tape of our favourite
          Seinfeld episode backwards or whatever. Then lie down with our eyes
          closed and away yer go. Forwards, backwards, whatever, the end of time,
          you know what's going to happen and can accurately see what did happen
          before. There is only the moment to live.

          What do I care - you don't really know who I am in a discussion group,
          right? I can say stuff like this.

          At first it would be just be high-school kids doing it, but within a
          year or two it would be the whole of planet earth. If nothing else,
          this post may prompt a new sci-fi novel.
        • k i
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2005
            Sure....Y2K. haha

            mmorfunn <gimmix1@...> wrote:Thanks rubberdown, I've been waiting a while.

            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2005
              --- In 2012-Theories@yahoogroups.com, "mmorfunn" <gimmix1@h...> wrote:
              > Thanks rubberdown, I've been waiting a while.
              >
              > Do you also think that there could possibly be no such thing as the
              end
              > of time in 2012? Obviously, most of the world doesn't, tho' the
              level
              > of denial in our species as a whole may account for a lot of that.
              >
              > Me, yeah, I am something of a believer and am looking forward
              to 'the
              > big day' as I've called it, but unless things have started going
              very
              > haywire in a physical sense in a period of, say, 3 months before
              then,
              > then I will become very doughtful. What I mean is, it will have to
              be a
              > lot more than just human behaviour on and around that date that is
              > going to have to change for there to be the end of time. Something
              very
              > substantial is going to have to happen in our corner of the
              universe to
              > cause the end of time.
              >
              > Will planet X swing by? For my money, if we got singed by the tale
              of a
              > large comet in a near miss, that would be sufficient. A lot of
              > contributors here seem to think it is going to be just the personal
              > choices of people here on earth. Me, I think it is going to be a
              lot
              > more than that.

              Personally I don't think there is going to be any sort of
              enlightenment or end of time or such new age/religious nonsense.
              IMO it will if anthing ,be a global catastrophic event as is recorded
              in the mayan's past history.
              Whether that be the Sun's influence or an encounter with a planetary
              body.
              As I see it time is time & from the moment the concept is
              imagined ,it is eternal ,both past & present.
              Even if all the universe ends time will still be, just time after the
              universe ended, just as there has to be a time before the universe
              started, only there was nobody to percieve the concept at the time.

              I see the universe in a diferent way as as an immense electromagnetic
              circuit with the stars powered by the galactic currents with
              annode/cathode & not thermonuclear (although tis reaction does occur
              at the surface of the star due to the forces of electromagnetism &
              not at its core).
              There was no big bang & blackholes dont exist except in the minds of
              theoretical physisists.
              Light is almost instantanious & is a reaction at a distance, the
              speed we percieve is just the lag time of our inferior equipment.

              seefromyalayda

              rubberdown

              "light travels faster than sound!
              that is why some people seem bright until they open thier mouths"
            • Josie
              Message 6 of 9 , May 8, 2005
                One author puts the idea of watching the sunset on the 21st. That
                interests me a lot - the next day may be the biggest in human history
                for a very long time. How do you think its going to unfold?
                21st of what month and year are we talking about here?

                wrote:

                > Theories on what is going to happen? I've posted this on the mayan
                2012
                > group as well. I'm aware we are talking about a consciousness
                shift and
                > an evolutionary step and the end of time, and all that, but how? A
                pole
                > shift, comet strike, near miss, THE ARRIVAL!, the second coming?
                What

                Message 7 of 9 , May 15, 2005
                  Josie,

                  The 22nd of December, two thousand and twelve, according to a nine ton
                  block of rock carved out into a calendar by the 'Mayans' some centuries
                  ago, marks the end of time. That is the website you're on.

                  Regards,

                  Mmorfunn