Planet X

  • BrianVDS
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1 1:47 AM
      Ravenia wrote:
      <<<Actually, *I* make no claims on this topic whatsoever. The article I
      sent
      to the list regarding Planet X was one that I received on another list a
      month or so ago (it generated some very interesting conversation on that
      list in fact).>>>

      ---My apologies. I should have pointed out that it was "the author" and not
      "you" who made the claims. I can imagine how such a post could generate
      quite a bit of conversation on any list though! I do not mean to belittle
      anyone's views, but some of the stuff in that post was really just too
      outrageous to let go. Anyway, I hope my skepticism will be seen as an
      attempt to clarify issues, and not merely a childish way to try and spoil
      everybody's fun!
    • Andy
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2001
        I read on a site that planet X can now be viewed from Earth.
        If thats true where do i look in the night sky.

        Andy
      • Sam
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 19, 2001
          Of this group, does there exist a descenting voice on the topic of
          Zacharia Sitchin's theories? Are there any plausible counter theories
          as to the reality of this planet, its size, its orbit through the
          inner rings of the system and the resulting effects of 80-90 percent
          population reduction.

          I had the thought that an event like that theorized to occur in 2003,
          by Sitchin, could leave the remaining planetary population with
          what might still function of our current technocracy ( which might be
          a society that lacks nothing and whose wealth base is distrubuted
          among fewer). That alone could allow a groundswell of what was (is)
          supressed technology which could catapult our developement in leaps
          and bounds toward that Transcendental Object at the End of Time in
          December 2012. Well, it's just a thought.

          Any opinions?
          Sam
        • Don Fuller
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 23, 2001
            Hmmm...

            Sitchin has not made the claim that it's coming in 2003. The
            prep2003 list thinks so, but he has never come out and given a date.

            Sitchin has done some fantastic research, but that doesn't make it
            correct.

            As to the rest of what you said, I don't understand. Are you
            suggesting that a reduction in population will somehow move
            technology forwards? And what transcendental object in 2012 are you
            referring to?

            I am more inclined to believe that IF there is a Planet X, it will
            arrive in 2012, thus fulfilling the various prophesies and end the
            mayan calendar, etc etc, and the rebuilding of earth afterwards will
            move us into a higher way of thinking.

            -don

            --- In 2012-Theories@y..., "Sam" <furyis@y...> wrote:
            > Of this group, does there exist a descenting voice on the topic of
            > Zacharia Sitchin's theories? Are there any plausible counter
            theories
            > as to the reality of this planet, its size, its orbit through the
            > inner rings of the system and the resulting effects of 80-90
            percent
            > population reduction.
            >
            > I had the thought that an event like that theorized to occur in
            2003,
            > by Sitchin, could leave the remaining planetary population with
            > what might still function of our current technocracy ( which might
            be
            > a society that lacks nothing and whose wealth base is distrubuted
            > among fewer). That alone could allow a groundswell of what was (is)
            > supressed technology which could catapult our developement in leaps
            > and bounds toward that Transcendental Object at the End of Time in
            > December 2012. Well, it's just a thought.
            >
            > Any opinions?
            > Sam
          • Sam
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 26, 2001
              Hi Don,

              > As to the rest of what you said, I don't understand. Are you
              > suggesting that a reduction in population will somehow move
              > technology forwards? And what transcendental object in 2012 are you
              > referring to?

              My thread of thinking follows that survivors of an event close to
              being an "extinction level event" (shamefully borrowed term from
              Hollywood) would likely be folks who can exhibit a high rate of
              ingenuity and intelligence, extropians, who could perceive and verify
              with sound perception that an event as such would occur and hence
              prepare to survive it. These people, having survived, with some use
              of some of the infrastructure that remains intact would then set about
              increasing, exponentially, the techno-societal progress that previous
              to the event was slow because of the infestation of entropic political
              structures and high percentage of folks who are generally more
              habitual in thought and act than those who are novel. I know it is
              kind of a leap, and probably wrong, I mean look who survived if this
              has happened sometime in the distant past.

              The "Transcendental Object" was a quote from Terrance Mckenna and one
              of his thoughts on how to describe an indescribable event of humanity
              merging with the Infinite. That being one of a selection of scenarios
              involving that date in 2012. If this subject matter is more than a
              passing fancy then I'd highly recommend his books, if not then I
              recommend the "blue pill" the effects of which are - you will wake up
              in your bed and forget any of this ever happening. (egad, Hollywood
              again)

              Sam
            • Ron Landry
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 26, 2001
                If Neo had taken the Blue Pill, he would have returned to his
                consensus-reality slave-life in the Matrix without finding out what it
                really was...

                > The "Transcendental Object" was a quote from Terrance Mckenna and one of
                > his thoughts on how to describe an indescribable event of humanity merging
                > with the Infinite. That being one of a selection of scenarios involving
                > that date in 2012. If this subject matter is more than a passing fancy
                > then I'd highly recommend his books, if not then I recommend the "blue
                > pill" the effects of which are - you will wake up in your bed and forget
                > any of this ever happening. (egad, Hollywood again)
                >
                > Sam

              • Don Fuller
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 27, 2001
                  Hmmm...

                  Well, I suppose it's a theory as valid as any other, but IMO there is
                  a sizable hole in it.
                  My observations so far of the people preparing don't confirm your
                  theory that the people are scientifically or technically orientated.
                  While many of them do possess survival/farming/hunting skills, and
                  some have technical knowledge, it appears that most of them are quite
                  average. To go on, I'd have to say that bulk of them are unusual
                  only in the field of believing in global conspiracies and alien
                  chanellers, which doesn't seem "advanced" from a scientific viewpoint.

                  Now, there are other elements. All the conspiracy theorists could be
                  correct, and in fact as presented in "Deep Impact" the government is
                  going to gather all the brilliant minds and tuck them safely away.
                  That would be good for your theory, but there's no real evidence to
                  support this yet (that's what makes it a good conspiracy theory).
                  There is also the element of chance. Many people are going to
                  survive having made no preparations, but they will be in the right
                  place at the right time. That skews the theory a bit too.

                  All said, I am disinclined to agree with you. Depending on what
                  infrastructure is recoverable (most theorist think very little) I
                  think such a disaster will set us back a good 20-30 years.

                • andromeda9mm
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 7, 2001
                    Hey Don,

                    Just looking over you're post and I agree with you... let me know if
                    I'm getting this correct... You basically feel that if any of this
                    happens the survivors would just be your average people... Right?

                    Now, here are my problems. If there was a serious earthly
                    catastrophy I swear the only people who'd survive (after the initial
                    destruction) would be native peoples or "primitive" people. Let me
                    explain why.

                    I couldn't farm to save my life. Sure, if you gave me seeds, etc.
                    BUt I would have no clue how to live with out technology. If we
                    suddenly didn't have electricity or gasoline, I don't know what I'd
                    do? You have people who have food storage and seem to be 'prepared',
                    but where does that get them? Great, so they can survive for 90
                    days. Big deal, and then what?

                    Native people (like those in lesser developed countries usually) know
                    how to farm, dig wells, etc. They literally live off the land.

                    I live in Utah, and people take food storage very seriously... but
                    think for a second... we have very harsh winters here, as other
                    places do. What would I do with out heat? A fire place?
                    It obviously wasn't a big deal for the pioneers, but I'm not a
                    pioneer. I rely on technology so much.

                    I believe the human spirit is stong, but I'm afraid I'm not.

                    Meredith

                    This is why I'll probably move to a tropical location like Puerto
                    Rico, or the US Virgin islands or Western Samoa. I'd probably do
                    better in a warmer climate. : )

                  • nibirutablet
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 14, 2003
                      The following is from Robert Sepehr of www.planetxvideo.com:

                      As promised, new data viewed for the first time publically, streamed
                      for free, exclusively at:

                      http://www.planetxvideo.com/waitingfortheapocalypse.htm

                      "Waiting for the Apocalypse" features prominent scientists Jay Tate
                      of the Spaceguard centre in Wales, Astronomer Sir Martin Rees of
                      Cambridge University, Andy Lloyd of the Dark Star Theory, and a rare
                      interview with Dr. John Murray of the Department of Earth Sciences at
                      the Open University. John Murray wrote a controversial paper in 1999
                      regarding the potential existence of a sub brown dwarf orbiting the
                      Sun based upon his analysis of long-period comet data. His work,
                      along with that of Dr. Matese and Whitmire in the States, has helped
                      to propel the case for a massive Planet X forward.

                      This is the first part of three major updates by Robert Sepehr. You
                      can join the official Planet X Newsletter here (if you have not yet
                      done so):
                      http://www.planetxvideo.com/newsletter.htm