Re: [1stUUDetroitWorship] RE:Summer Schedule Update

  • Drew
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2007
      The time seems okay, but what in the world is an "auxiliary committee member?"   Should we give that title to all responses that are "other than committee members?"

      As I say, the time seems okay.  For the record though, could we just acknowledge that the recommendation is made based on personal opinions?  I can't figure how else to explain it.

      It will be a good summer!

      - Drew

      On Jun 14, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Daniel Secrest wrote:

      Good work Lencha!  It promises to be a good summer.

      I just reviewed all the committee responses regarding the summer service time.  Lencha and I like 10:00 AM, as does auxiliary committee member Lee Thume.  Another auxiliary committee member, Irene Shultz, preferred 9:00 to 11:00.  Mary Lou was willing to try 9:00.  Alicia is in favor of 11:00 AM.

      So it looks like there is a slight preference for 10:00 AM.  If anybody has any more thoughts on this, please send them to the group today.  I’ll send out a note to the listserv tomorrow announcing the 10:00 AM time, unless we get more discussion before then which changes things.  I’ll also make sure there is an announcement in church Sunday.

      Peacefully,

      --Daniel Secrest--

      Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ~Martin Luther King

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 14, 2007

        Re auxiliary committee members:  Lee Thume & Irene have attended Worship Committee meetings, but not regularly.  They are members of the Yahoo group for Worship Committee communications.

        Thanks for the feedback regarding the time.  When I send out the note, I’ll mention that we considered responses indicating that many were in favor of an earlier time, but that a significant number thought that 9:00 AM was too early.  So the committee utilized the survey results in making a decision, but considered other factors as well in light of the fact that there was not a clear cut congregational preference.

        Hope that sounds okay.  Let me know if not & I’ll rephrase.

        Thanks again.

        Looking forward to a good summer,