42188Re: [1listSculpting] Re: Hello all!

  • paul snyder
    Apr 11, 2014
      Try everything. A lot of it depends on scale of what you want. I am not a good sculptor but I do find that try to make stuff I use different materials depending on what I am trying to do.
      I use Fimo or other baked polymer clays for larger sculpts. Sometimes it is over a foil and wire frame to kind of hollow out the material and make the bakes go smoother. (cures when baked)
      I use milliput sometimes for some smaller models or for filler in gaps when I am putting a model together. (2 hour cure)
      I use kneadtite when I am making something that I might later make a mold of because it is somewhat flexible after using. (2 hour cure)
      I will use about anything once. I want to try out beesputty sometime if I can het my hands on some.
      I don't make a lot of molds of stuff but I find instimold to be the best for duplicating minis and such.
      I do a lot more modding of minis than  full sculpts.
      I have to get some pictures taken and posted of the stuff I have done. I could use some feedback on where to go with the lack of talent I have. I basically sculpt stuff as an activity with my kids but I am slowly getting better at it. I just have to find a way to get some good pics of what I have done.
      Happy sculpting :)
      On Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:03 PM, "rlippman@..." <rlippman@...> wrote:

      Welcome to the Group.  I'm not sure how active it still is...

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic