Re: [1listSculpting] Casting materials in the UK

  • David Simpson
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
      I can get green stuff from my local GW store, but what's brown and blue stuff? Oh and the London address is I believe on the Northern Line (Charring Cross branch), you wouldn't happen to know where in relation to the station would you?
      BTW I live in Finchley, which is as you might already know in North London.

      David Simpson.
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
        Well there's only 1 Warren Street in the A-Z and its only a short road, and
        Warren St Station is the nearest station and its on the Northern line so you
        could go look, I've never been there, Theale is closer.

        Brown stuff and Blue stuff are other variants of green stuff made by the
        same firm. Check the archives, the CEO of Polymetrics is on this list.

        HTH

        Ivan

        > I can get green stuff from my local GW store, but what's brown and
        blue stuff? Oh and the London address is I believe on the Northern Line
        (Charring Cross branch), you wouldn't happen to know where in relation to
        the station would you?
        > BTW I live in Finchley, which is as you might already know in North
        London.

        > David Simpson.

      • james Elliot
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
          --- In 1listSculpting@egroups.com, "Ivan Brooke" <ivan@x> wrote:
          > Alec Tiranti are probably the best -
          >
          > The addresses are:
          >
          > 70 High Street, Theale, Reading, Berks, RG7 5AR, tel 0118 930 2775
          (main
          > shop)
          > 27 Warren street, London W1P 5DG, tel 0171 636 8565.
          >
          > They do mail order, and have a website - the address for which
          escapes me as
          > they are only 5mins up the road from where I live so I dont need to
          use it -
          > a search on the web should turn it up. They do everything you
          might need
          > except green stuff, brown stuff, blue stuff
          >
          > HTH
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Ivan

          That web page Is www.tiranti.co.uk
        • Ming-Hua Kao
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
            Hi,

            This is Tiranti's webaddress: www.cyberweb.co.uk/tiranti/

            As to them not having green, brown and blue stuff. That's correct, I had to
            explain somebody over there what it was some time ago. Still, go ahead an
            ask them for it. Perhaps they'll get interested in stocking it <hopefull grin>.

            Bye, Ming-Hua
          • Ming-Hua Kao
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2000
              Hi,

              >Well there's only 1 Warren Street in the A-Z and its only a short road,
              >and Warren St Station is the nearest station and its on the Northern line
              >so you could go look, I've never been there, Theale is closer.

              It has a small shopface so you have to keep an eye on the street numbers.
              Otherwise you could miss it. They have a lot of nice tools and are worth a
              visit. Don't forget to take a catalogue along. As to buying Green stuff
              from GW, that is a source but it's a lot more expensive than through Optum.

              I have not yet seen Brown and Blue stuff over here in Europe. I hope
              they'll get introduced here.

              Bye, Ming-Hua