Needing a sculptor for a kickstarter project!

  • c5ee1c4fbd1189dc9ef08924e1607437
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2013
      Hey guys! I was referred to this site by John Vogel. I'm working on a zombie kickstarter project and I need 11 heroes sculpted. (The zombies are tokens) They are roughly the size of Last Night on Earth which seems to be a touch smaller than normal. We are hoping to launch the kickstarter in February or March and would like to have a couple of the models done. (with the rest finishing after the KS is done.) If interested, reach out to me and we can talk! I already have some artwork to work from if you need to understand style and theme of the game.

       Thanks for reading. :)
    • dwsculpts
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2013

        I may be available to work on the project. email me with the details and if it is within my capabilities I will be glad to help get things going for you.

        David

        ---In 1listsculpting@yahoogroups.com, <stelonous@...> wrote:

        Hey guys! I was referred to this site by John Vogel. I'm working on a zombie kickstarter project and I need 11 heroes sculpted. (The zombies are tokens) They are roughly the size of Last Night on Earth which seems to be a touch smaller than normal. We are hoping to launch the kickstarter in February or March and would like to have a couple of the models done. (with the rest finishing after the KS is done.) If interested, reach out to me and we can talk! I already have some artwork to work from if you need to understand style and theme of the game.

         Thanks for reading. :)
      • Matthew Larson
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 23, 2013
          Hey there! Thanks for the followup. I need 28mm minis for a zombie apoc. I
          just need the heroes done as the zombies are handled by a different method.
          I'll attach a picture to let you know the artwork style we are dealing
          with. Do you have any mini examples that I can look at?

          My expectation would be a trial mini that you could show pictures of. If we
          decided to do business, I would then pay for a couple minis for the
          kickstarter, with the rest of the money and work coming after that. That
          being said, how long do you need to make a mini?

          Matthew

          On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM, <dwsculpts@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I may be available to work on the project. email me with the details and
          > if it is within my capabilities I will be glad to help get things going for
          > you.
          >
          > David
          >

          > ---In 1listsculpting@yahoogroups.com, <stelonous@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hey guys! I was referred to this site by John Vogel. I'm working on a
          > zombie kickstarter project and I need 11 heroes sculpted. (The zombies are
          > tokens) They are roughly the size of Last Night on Earth which seems to be
          > a touch smaller than normal. We are hoping to launch the kickstarter in
          > February or March and would like to have a couple of the models done. (with
          > the rest finishing after the KS is done.) If interested, reach out to me
          > and we can talk! I already have some artwork to work from if you need to
          > understand style and theme of the game.
          >
          > Thanks for reading. :)

        • gargettalexander
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 15, 2013

            Hi Matthew, my name is Alexander Gargett.

            Your project sounds very interesting, I would love to find out some more information and tell you a little bit about myself.

            I am a Digital Artist based in London England, I have just finished working as the sole artist for Enigma Design and their sister company Tabletop Workshop. My role at the company was to develop high detail models for 28mm war games.

            During my time there I have had the opportunities to design 28mm Sci-Fi figures from concept for a well-known tabletop gaming company. These figures were designed for plastic manufacture so the figures were designed considering line of draw, plastic strength and possible changes to the original artists impression.

            I was also lucky enough to spend my time there working on the initial stages and building of Enigma Designs sister company Tabletop Workshop (http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk). My job was to create high detail 3D models whilst considering plastic manufacture restrictions, this included preparing models for 3D printing, preparing and adding textures to basic CAD models, correcting CAD mistakes, re-touching models, and making sure the models were complete.

            Although my experience is primarily based around designing for plastic manufacture, I’m very interested in working with less restrictive methods.

            Please feel free to have a look over my portfolio and blog to see some of my current workings and the production time:

            Portfolio: http://gargettalexander.carbonmade.com

            Blog: http://gargetta.blogspot.co.uk

            The design time period for miniatures would depend on the detail of your Hero’s and how you intend on manufacturing them. Once I know that information I can offer you a good estimate for the figure design period.

            You can contact me by email at Gargettalexander@... or by phone on 07788264795.

            Thanks

            Alexander

            ---In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, <stelonous@...> wrote:

            Hey there! Thanks for the followup. I need 28mm minis for a zombie apoc. I
            just need the heroes done as the zombies are handled by a different method.
            I'll attach a picture to let you know the artwork style we are dealing
            with. Do you have any mini examples that I can look at?

            My expectation would be a trial mini that you could show pictures of. If we
            decided to do business, I would then pay for a couple minis for the
            kickstarter, with the rest of the money and work coming after that. That
            being said, how long do you need to make a mini?

            Matthew

            On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM, <dwsculpts@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I may be available to work on the project. email me with the details and
            > if it is within my capabilities I will be glad to help get things going for
            > you.
            >
            > David
            >

            > ---In 1listsculpting@yahoogroups.com, <stelonous@...> wrote:
            >
            > Hey guys! I was referred to this site by John Vogel. I'm working on a
            > zombie kickstarter project and I need 11 heroes sculpted. (The zombies are
            > tokens) They are roughly the size of Last Night on Earth which seems to be
            > a touch smaller than normal. We are hoping to launch the kickstarter in
            > February or March and would like to have a couple of the models done. (with
            > the rest finishing after the KS is done.) If interested, reach out to me
            > and we can talk! I already have some artwork to work from if you need to
            > understand style and theme of the game.
            >
            > Thanks for reading. :)

          • general_cato_orcslayer
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 28, 2013
              Matthew,

              I realize that this may be a bit late in the game, but I would be interested in possibility of taking on this project.

              I have done work in the scale you reference, plus 32mm and 15mm.  I have the added advantage of also being able to mold and cast the figures in pewter or resin if you need that service.

              Costs and time needed for the sculpture(s) would depend on the level of detail needed.  I'd like to take a look at your artwork so that I can give you some estimates.

              Send me an email with contact information and I'll send out a couple of photos of previous work.

              -Dave