Re: BeeSPutty Q+A

  • foxcymru
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 12, 2013
      I really think that the real point is that the sample was FREE.

      Having been in business and suffered the attentions of the 'ebay shipping police' and complaints that FREE gifts aren't what was needed, I can sympathise with the giver of free gifts.

      Oddly enough I just dealt with one charity pleading for craft materials to be used by their crafters. I offered a few dozen kilos of beads but asked what they would be used for..... nobody seemed to know.

      I don't know if anyone else did a rough calculation on the total cost of all the samples in postage alone, let alone labour? For a small business that comes off the time spent resting, with family or even sleeping.

      Thanks for the samples, I didn't ask for one and consequently didn't get one, but the gift offer was appreciated.

      I would be interested in knowing what members think of the product.

      Jon

      P.S. Yes I am a grumpy old git! ;oP

      --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, chris259s@... wrote:

      > Dans un e-mail dat� du 12/08/2013 11:45:53 Romance Daylight Time,
      > stefan.niehues@... a �crit :
      >
      > Ok, the samples are from 8-15 g so it might be you got a very small one.
      >

      > Once again I must point out that your statement is not totally accurate in
      > respect of the weight pof the samples sent.
      >
      > The actual weight of the enclosed putty is barely 1 gram. I struggled to
      > make it register at all on the digital scales. The packaging is 7 gram. So,
      > I am not sure exactly who might have received putty amounting to 8 - 15
      > gram, which is what your statement implies. Perhaps the recipients can let us
      > know.
      >
      > So, having now weighed the putty itself, it actually seems that a
      > considerably larger piece could have been sent at no extra cost other than the cost
      > of the putty itself.
      >
      > When offering and sending samples you should really be consistant in size
      > to all people rather than totally random as appears to be the case. The
      > sample does need to be large enough to work with rather than little more than
      > a postage stamp.
      >
      > Chris

    • Gerhard Schellert
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 27, 2013
        Hi,
        I tried BeeSPutty and like it very much. For miniatures you should get the hardest available version. If you want to see some really impressive stuff done with BeeSPutty, have a look on this blog: http://runecast-sculpts.blogspot.de/
        Especially have a look for the tiny pets (dogs etc.). If nothing else, these extremely small and still detailed miniatures prove that BeeSPutty can be used even for the finest details. To be honest, I have no idea how Gregor managed to get this level of detail. He explained it to me, but to hear it is one thing but to do it is another :-).
        Gerhard

        Von meinem iPad gesendet

        Am 27.12.2013 um 09:40 schrieb "Simone C." <sicon@...>:

        Hi! So, after so many months could you give some feedback about beesputty? Even images or whatelse could help to understand this medium better J

        Thank You !