Re: ProCreate, Wax #5 and Home made tool- First Impressions

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
      Hi

      I have been useing ProCreate for about three years now and for me it is my main choice putty. I also use Sylmasta A+B putty which set rock hard with about a 2 hour work time. I also mix both to give me different textures. The A+B putties also come 6 different colours too. I only use ProCreate for figures but I use A+B for my terrain work to. I have also just ordered some of Sylmasta's Magic Sculp to have a look and see what like. The problem with stick to armatures of other surfaces as I have said many times here I have resolve with Pritt metal glue applied in a very thin coat, for some reason putty loves the stuff and stick to it fast then you can move it around without it coming away. The glue can also with stand vey high temperatures and no mould maker has reported any issues.
      As for sculpting tools I have some very good dental tools and small rubber shapers, I also got myself some watch makers screw drivers which I modified to my tastes and come in very handy.
      Kind regards
      Stephen