Re: Pill Bottle Sculpting Rig

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
      That's pretty cool. Couple questions, though:

      Do you find that having the wire bent/looped underneath the cap holds the armature in place tightly enough to begin work, or does it seem a little loose til you actually get putty on the legs/feet?

      With only one set of wire holes in the cap, do you find your poses slightly limited (as there's no way to do a wide-legged stance)?

      Just curious, since I have a couple of these things floating around :)

      -Brian

      --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, poshgoblin <poshgoblin@...> wrote:

      > nice rig - thanks for sharing it!

    • redkobold
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
        I put a drop of superglue at the wire holes through the cap and some putty at the feet early in to keep the dollie standing up stiffly enough to sculpt against.

        As far as the holes, you can pop some additional ones fairly easy. On the first rig I drilled two pairs of holes but the cap plastic is fairly soft and on the second rig I just used a pointy pick to makes the holes.

        --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <kaylmaclaren@...> wrote:

        > That's pretty cool. Couple questions, though:
        >
        > Do you find that having the wire bent/looped underneath the cap holds the armature in place tightly enough to begin work, or does it seem a little loose til you actually get putty on the legs/feet?
        >
        > With only one set of wire holes in the cap, do you find your poses slightly limited (as there's no way to do a wide-legged stance)?
        >
        > Just curious, since I have a couple of these things floating around :)
        >
        > -Brian
        >
        > --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, poshgoblin <poshgoblin@> wrote:
        > >
        > > nice rig - thanks for sharing it!

      • Mark Mark Hudgens
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 8, 2013
          Hello all,

          I don't see why this problem can't be solved by simply cutting a piece of thin wood and placing it up inside the inside of the cap lid this way when you drill your holes it will be into something solid. You can then have as many holes as you want.

          Just a thought great idea by the way.