Monster clay

  • grogbro
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2013
      I have monster clay and I have made a few things with it. Some small heads and a few figures. As I work with it the more I realize that it bends fairly easily. I would like to make a silicone mold of a few pieces but I am wondering what the techniques are for making sure no smaller edges/pieces fall off or bend as I put one half in clay etc for half of the mold.

      I've done two other silicone molds and I just laid the piece down and gathered plastaline (sp?) soft clay around it, so I really didn't 'press' the original into it so maybe I am just worrying about nothing ;)

      Any tips for monster clay molds would be great. Do I throw it in the fridge for a while or turn my AC down really low? 8)