Introduction

  • jnorton1946
    Message 1 of 75 , Feb 5, 2013
      I am a ship modeler whose niche is small open boats of historical significance, such as the Bounty's launch with Bligh and the Loyalists set adrift with him and the Irish curragh used by Saint Brendan the Navigator. I prefer to work in the 1:24 scale, and routinely add figures to my models - rowers, helmsmen, passengers, etc. i have worked with various forms of Sculpey, and am using MagicSculpt for the figures in my latest model of a PitcaIrn Island longboat So far, I like the epoxy clay, because the figures are much, much sturdier than those made with Sculpey and can be extensively worked after hardening. I will enjoy looking through the postings of those in this group, as well as the photo gallery. My biggest challenge at this point is learning to paint my figures n a realistic way. I'm getting better, but have a long way to go.

      James
      Maine
    • pabloescobear
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 24, 2013
        Hi everyone.

        I've been around here for a few months now just watching all of the back and forth, and I finally decided it was time to introduce myself.

        My name is Aaron and I'm the co–owner of Rusty Nickel Miniatures (rustynickelminiatures.com and @rnminiatures on Twitter). Were based out of Buffalo, New York and we're finishing up our final touches on our first game. We're going to be doing some play testing over the next few weeks and we're going to launch a Kickstarter page shortly after that. We have a few more games that were working on as well.

        Up to this point, I have done all of our sculpting, and although it isn't too spectacular, it is fairly good for only sculpting for six months. (About the quality of Mage Knight figures)

        I primarily sculpt using green stuff, but I also have used Fimo and grey stuff.

        I look forward to learning a lot here, and if there are any other sculptors out there looking for work, please contact me. With a successful Kickstarter launch, we will need more sculptors, so I want to start building a list now.

        Aaron