Re: [1listSculpting] Hey Guys

  • Robert Grimley
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
      Hello and welcome Sam,

      As a big fan of all things Lovecraftian I look forward to seeing how you
      get on so please post your progress. Having been an occasional
      contributor for most of that time I think you will find the forum
      friendly, constructive and encouraging. I've been an enthusiastic
      amateur for about five years and work in putty. My suggestion is to get
      straight into the putty as it does take a bit of practice to push it
      around and polish. I have never used super sculpey but am aware of
      differences that may help or hinder you. Green stuff is good value if
      you buy a roll of strip rather than the branded tubes supplied by some
      larger gaming companies... Most importantly, if you don't like
      something, it is easy to cut it off and start again.

      There is a lot of helpful advice in the forum guides and if you are
      prepared to spend a few dollars or pounds sterling, the Miniature Mentor
      guides are very good. For humans, an pre-made armature will be very
      helpful to get an interesting and dynamic pose but also to help with
      realistic anatomical proportions.

      Best of luck,