Re: [1listSculpting] latest sculpt

  • Robert Grimley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2013
      Hi Jeff,

      Having looked at your previous work it is easy to see how working on
      anatomy has paid off. I have been doing the same over the last year or
      so and got similar improvements. What I am really impressed by is the
      tricky bits (for me anyway) - the hands and feet especially. I like the
      shape and position of the left hand in the third picture and also the
      calf shape. Overall, the pose seems quite natural and balanced.

      You might want to work a bit more on (hanging) cloth, cloth texture and
      folds which I think is harder than it sounds. I spent ages looking at
      professional miniatures by the likes of Julie Guthrie and Tom Meier to
      mimic their style. I'm told that folds hang off fixing points but I'm
      still trying to work out what that means and how to deliver it.

      Regardless, a really nice figure and you can draw as well!