latest sculpt

  • jeffwoodall2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
      Been working on anatomy and learning to photograph miniatures.
      Any comments or criticism is welcome.
      http://www.elfwood.com/~jeffwoodall/female-half-orc-with-big-axe.3607549.html
    • Greg Breault
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2013
        That's some neat stuff. I have been thinking about getting into 28mm minis...but they might destroy my eyeballs. ;) I like the rest of your work too.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 26, 2013
          Hi Jeff,

          Having looked at your previous work it is easy to see how working on
          anatomy has paid off. I have been doing the same over the last year or
          so and got similar improvements. What I am really impressed by is the
          tricky bits (for me anyway) - the hands and feet especially. I like the
          shape and position of the left hand in the third picture and also the
          calf shape. Overall, the pose seems quite natural and balanced.

          You might want to work a bit more on (hanging) cloth, cloth texture and
          folds which I think is harder than it sounds. I spent ages looking at
          professional miniatures by the likes of Julie Guthrie and Tom Meier to
          mimic their style. I'm told that folds hang off fixing points but I'm
          still trying to work out what that means and how to deliver it.

          Regardless, a really nice figure and you can draw as well!