Re: Reptiles' skin

  • Mathyoo
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
      I think I know what you mean, will dig into it, thanks!

      For my sculpture, I just spread putty and pushed lines in it, to make some
      kind of hexagons. It didn't work as good as it could, but If I'd take my
      time, I think it would work okay for fantasy monsters. Not for the fish,
      I'm afraid, hehe.

    • r_grella
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
        --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "minimaker3" <mhckao@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > here is a demo for makign scale armour. Same technique can be used for crude reptilian scale (kind of like what you see with dragon figurines).
        >
        > Bye,
        > Ming-Hua

        Perhaps it's just me, since no one else mentioned it but you said here is a demo, but i didn't see a link or a picture or anything where is it?
      • minimaker3
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2012
        • Cosmic Mastermind
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 8, 2012
            --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "minimaker3" <mhckao@...> wrote:

            > Hope it works now:
            >
            > http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v490/minimaker/Mini%20sculpting-Techniques/?action=view¤t=43af.jpg

            I love that technique, I wonder it it can be used to make mail/chainmail more realistic?
          • minimaker3
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 12, 2012
              Hi,

              making chainmail is somewhat different. It's demonstrated in this movie.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxtlYyiqX5o

              You don't really need to make height differences. At the size you're working that would be hardly noticable.

              Hope that helps.

              Bye,
              Ming-Hua