Need help scuplting small runes on armor

  • dcflgps
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2011
      Matt Gubser did a rune priest conversion a long time ago and put very small runes on the armor (pic attached). I have tried and tried to practice with this and can't recreate it. It is definitely not as easy as I thought it would be. I have tried rolling out thin strips of GS and waiting until it hardens a little, tried sculpting runes both on and off mini, nothing works. It looks like he sculpted right onto the mini.

      I am trying to put very small runes on a runestaff for a Rune Priest conversion. I found a rune sculpting tutorial on BolterandChainsword.com but those runes are much larger and the same technique doesn't work on the smaller runes.

      If anyone could provide some guidance, I would appreciate it.

      http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/amrogers3/IMG_1628.jpg
    • lmshutt@hiwaay.net
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2011
        On Mon, 02 May 2011 02:09:59 -0000, you wrote:

        >Matt Gubser did a rune priest conversion a long time ago and put very small runes on the armor (pic attached). I have tried and tried to practice with this and can't recreate it. It is definitely not as easy as I thought it would be. I have tried rolling out thin strips of GS and waiting until it hardens a little, tried sculpting runes both on and off mini, nothing works. It looks like he sculpted right onto the mini.
        >
        >I am trying to put very small runes on a runestaff for a Rune Priest conversion. I found a rune sculpting tutorial on BolterandChainsword.com but those runes are much larger and the same technique doesn't work on the smaller runes.
        >
        >If anyone could provide some guidance, I would appreciate it.
        >
        >http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/amrogers3/IMG_1628.jpg

        Looks like he put a tiny blob on, flattened to height then pushed
        putty into shape. My guess the blob after it was thinned was half the
        final area.

        Oh, probably had some tiny tools as well. That W rune looks like an
        xacto blade would have trouble.

        --
        Lane
      • andrew coleman
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2011
           Check on facebook and ask Matt.He should be-able to help you out.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2011
            I've found that if you take some putty, apply it while it is fresh, but then
            cut and remove bits after it is about half set works alright. I have a
            feeling that is what he did here. Using a dull xacto blade is ideal for
            this sort of thing.

            --Aaron