Re: [1listSculpting] Best way to get multiple castings of a single green?

  • Tim Peaslee
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2011
      Eli,

      From what I know, the typical proceedure is to press a single mold of the green, then cast multiple pieces of the single. The castings are cleaned up and used to make a multiple piece mold.

      Tim

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Eli
      To: 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 12:28 AM
      Subject: [1listSculpting] Best way to get multiple castings of a single green?

      Hey folks,

      I am new to the sculpting side of things and in the process of developing a few projects. As I am doing so, it occurs to me if there is a good way to get multiple spaces for the same green into a single mold.

      For example - I have a sculpt that I would like to use as the master for a range of figures that will all vary slightly off of the main theme.

      Do I need to sculpt a different green for every slot in the mold or is there a way to get duplicates in the same mold off of this one sculpt?

      Thanks,