Re: Sculpting 28mm scale ammo belts ?

  • abdiel_dks
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
      It would probably be easiest to sculpt the bullets out of putty (all in one go) rather than attaching individual pieces of shaped rod. At least for a comparison, it is much easier to sculpt a scaled texture by pushing and pulling the shapes from a sheet of putty, and easier to sculpt fingers by cutting the indentations into a single mass, than it would be to make individual scales or fingers and then attach them. You might sculpt the ammo-belt first, let it cure, and then add a new snake of putty and score it into the bullets. But be careful that the belt layer doesn't make the whole thing too bulky.

      I haven't sculpted ammo belts per se, but this figure has a row of claws/fangs (similar to bullets) tied to her left shoulder, sculpted out of one snake of putty:
      http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Pathfinder/latest/60003#detail/60003_w_2

      Good luck,
      Derek

      --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, haywire <haywireshobbies@...> wrote:
      > Anyway... back to the main topic...
      >
      > What are people's methods for sculpting ammo belts or bandoliers?
    • CLIFFORD LINTON
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
        In  order for the belt to lay right, depending on what kind of clothing (or lack thereof) has, you may want to make a depression in the shape of the belt along the line where the belt will lay beforehand.