To introduce myself

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 11, 2009
      I realized that I haven't introduced myself!

      I'm Karen, I enjoy painting minis every now and then, but seem to spend more time buying minis than painting them. I've sculpted just a few mods. Here's the most extensive:

      http://www.public.iastate.edu/~melig/creations/karanzuriMINI.JPG

      She was a player character for a GURPS game, a dragon-woman. I based her on an Unearthed Arcana dog woman and the wings from a Dragonlance Draconian (and was summarily yelled at for farming my limited edition boxed set :P ).
    • oneacmename
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2009
        Hi Karen, it looks good.

        On mods I personally like to see before and after pics so you can see what has been done. I can't really tell from the pic what you had modded on her. That is a good thing but its nice to see what all has been done.

        How long you been painting? I have no even tried to paint yet. Just learning to sculpt now.

        --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <maxmelig@...> wrote:

        > I realized that I haven't introduced myself!
        >
        > I'm Karen, I enjoy painting minis every now and then, but seem to spend more time buying minis than painting them. I've sculpted just a few mods. Here's the most extensive:
        >
        > http://www.public.iastate.edu/~melig/creations/karanzuriMINI.JPG
        >
        > She was a player character for a GURPS game, a dragon-woman. I based her on an Unearthed Arcana dog woman and the wings from a Dragonlance Draconian (and was summarily yelled at for farming my limited edition boxed set :P ).

      • Zurik
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2009
          Looks good, but I agree, it's good to see a picture before painting so you can see what mods were done.

          As for spending more time buying minis than painting them I don't know ANYONE who does that... LOL ;-)
          (Have you heard the old "belief" that as long as you have minis left to paint you won't die? It's true. ;-) )

          --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <maxmelig@...> wrote:

          > I realized that I haven't introduced myself!
          >
          > I'm Karen, I enjoy painting minis every now and then, but seem to spend more time buying minis than painting them. I've sculpted just a few mods. Here's the most extensive:
          >
          > http://www.public.iastate.edu/~melig/creations/karanzuriMINI.JPG
          >
          > She was a player character for a GURPS game, a dragon-woman. I based her on an Unearthed Arcana dog woman and the wings from a Dragonlance Draconian (and was summarily yelled at for farming my limited edition boxed set :P ).

        • maxmelig
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 21, 2009
            Oh! Sorry guys. Here's the original: http://ironwindmetals.com/catalog/images/fig_pics/67-005.jpg

            The wings are scavenged from a Draconian box set, but I can't find a photo online :P

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 21, 2009
              Good job, its much easier to comment on it with the original.
              I'm no expert, but if you want suggestions... I would suggest that more detail go into the tail. I have found that when adding something on, putting some fine detail (little lines or something) to the part makes it 10 times better.

              Keep it up.