Green Stuff - wax paper

  • Barton Stano
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 8, 2008
      Will green stuff stick to wax paper once cured?
    • bathead@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 8, 2008
        NO. It won;t stick to anything at that point.

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 8, 2008
          I mean if uncured Green Stuff left on wax paper to cure, will it stick?
        • Neil Blue
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 9, 2008
            I think it does if you let it set on the paper.

            --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Barton Stano" <bart@...> wrote:

            > Will green stuff stick to wax paper once cured?

          • CLIFFORD LINTON
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 9, 2008
              Again, No, it won't stick to wax paper once cured. Guaranteed.
              I think it does if you let it set on the paper.

              --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Barton Stano" <bart@...> wrote:

              > Will green stuff stick to wax paper once cured?

            • Evyn MacDude
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 9, 2008
                On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:03 AM, Neil Blue <neil.the.blue@...> wrote:

                > I think it does if you let it set on the paper.

                I haven't had that problem, it peels right up off the paper no fuss no
                muss...

                --
                Evyn

              • Ming-Hua
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 9, 2008
                  > I mean if uncured Green Stuff left on wax paper to cure, will it stick?

                  "Remain stuck" you mean? Could be. Depends on the quality of the wax
                  paper. Some will adhere to the paper and leave fibres in the green
                  stuff when you remove it. A better barrier is the plastic wrapping
                  that you get with the strip packaging. After curing it will be easy to
                  remove.

                  Bye, Ming-Hua
                • Jeff LaMarche
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 9, 2008
                    On Oct 8, 2008, at 11:33 AM, Barton Stano wrote:

                    > Will green stuff stick to wax paper once cured?

                    You might have better luck with this question if you tell us what you
                    are trying to accomplish. Do you want it to stick, or do you not want
                    it to stick? If we know what you're trying to do, likely somebody can
                    tell you either that a) wax paper will work fine, or b) there's a
                    better alternative, which is ...

                  • ptsuk@concentric.net
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 9, 2008
                      Being that I was just working on some wererats and werewolves last night and
                      the night before I can answer this question with a dinfinitive "Leaving
                      uncured green stuff on wax paper to let it cure is ideal, as the green stuff
                      does not stick to wax paper. Period."

                      Also on another note make sure you are using WAX PAPER, not tinfoil, not
                      parchment paper, WAX PAPER. From the grocery isle!

                      I usally make up some green stuff or procreate for swords or what not and to
                      get a nice flat edge I squish out the green stuff between two sheet of wax
                      paper with two 2x2 in acrylic squares, then use my sculpting tools to add
                      details and let it cure. Then once cured you peel it off the wax paper and
                      then use a dremel or other tools to add hard edged details or what not and a
                      sharp cutting edge or wear and tear.

                      Just a quick FYI, I'd be hesitant to offer up speculation on people
                      questions as the 'I think' will confuse people, especially on a list such as
                      this. So I'd suggest unless you know for a fact about a procedure you might
                      want to hold out providing an answer until you can offer a difinite one.
                      [off the soap box]

                      Cheers!,

                      -pt

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 9, 2008
                        --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Ming-Hua" <mhckao@...> wrote:

                        > > I mean if uncured Green Stuff left on wax paper to cure, will it
                        stick?

                        > "Remain stuck" you mean? Could be. Depends on the quality of the wax
                        > paper. Some will adhere to the paper and leave fibres in the green
                        > stuff when you remove it. A better barrier is the plastic wrapping
                        > that you get with the strip packaging. After curing it will be easy to
                        > remove.
                        >
                        > Bye, Ming-Hua

                        Thanks for reply, also thanks to ptsuk also.

                        BTW Ming-Hua, I liked your sculpting tutorial, thanks. Do you have any
                        books for sale? or offer personalized consulting? (for a fee of course)