Re: Hello from a new member

  • rogue_gladiator
    Message 1 of 9 , May 29 6:58 PM
      @ Larry Offley:

      I'll try tinyurl.com in the future, thanks for the advice.

      @ Rob

      Thanks for the comments, Rob. As for the questions on molding and
      casting, I have not done casting on this scale before, though I have
      used RTV Silicon rubber molding, and understand the concepts of
      undercutting, gating and venting (for bronze pouring, which I would
      assume is comparable to white metal casting). I feel that if I can't
      cast it in, then I'll just have to cut it up a bit. I'll still most
      likely need some help though, once I get to that point.

      @ Joel

      Thanks for your critique. That dragon is OLD, and some areas were
      just poorly made. Right now I'm working on using Sculpey Firm to
      build the body up all at once, instead of in parts as I did with the
      Dominion. While this would make vulcanizing it impossible, I again
      am planning on using RTV, though I also have an idea on who to make a
      cast... in greenstuff. We'll see.

      Anyways, I'll post the piece I'm working on in a day or so. Thanks
      for the comments so far, everyone.