Re: [1listSculpting] Sculpting Kit?

  • William Neeley
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
      Hi Robert,

      I found it, I think. If you need anything else
      relative to sculping must email oomyrral@...

      Thanks

      Bill Neeley

      http://www.tabletop-terrain.com/archives/category/sculpting/

      --- Robert Fisher <bigfish229@...> wrote:

      > I know at one point I found a "sculpting kit"
      > available on some website, but
      > due to my sparatic internet access(I'm currently
      > deployed to Iraq), I
      > haven't been able to find it again. It was a little
      > kit with a handfull of
      > tools and some Procreate I think.
      >
      > Has anyone seen something like this or know where I
      > could pick something
      > similar up? I think Jeff Valant had something
      > similar but I've read about a
      > few negative experiences and wouldn't want to
      > further complicate things
      > with my APO address(delays in delivery and such).
      >
      > Thanks in advance for the help.
      >
      > Rob

      > removed]

    • Michael Cannon
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
        If you are just looking for the tools, GF9 has a sculpting set that is on
        their site:

        http://www.gf9.com

        They also sell green stuff. (BTW, John Kovaleski the owner is a Merchant
        Marine Academy grad.)

        Mike Cannon

        On Dec 9, 2007 10:53 AM, Robert Fisher <bigfish229@...> wrote:

        > I know at one point I found a "sculpting kit" available on some website,
        > but
        > due to my sparatic internet access(I'm currently deployed to Iraq), I
        > haven't been able to find it again. It was a little kit with a handfull of
        > tools and some Procreate I think.

      • Robert Fisher
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
          Bill,

          That's not that one I had seen before but that one looks pretty good.

          I was kinda looking for the one that came with Procreate because I have
          heard such good things, but for someone who's really trying to get their
          first start, does the difference between green stuff and Procreate really
          matter? Is either one more forgiving than the other?

          Thanks for the help.

          Rob

          On 12/9/07, William Neeley <oomyrral@...> wrote:

          > Hi Robert,
          >
          > I found it, I think. If you need anything else
          > relative to sculping must email oomyrral@... <oomyrral%40yahoo.com>
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Bill Neeley
          >
          > http://www.tabletop-terrain.com/archives/category/sculpting/
          >
          > --- Robert Fisher <bigfish229@... <bigfish229%40gmail.com>> wrote:
          >
          > > I know at one point I found a "sculpting kit"
          > > available on some website, but
          > > due to my sparatic internet access(I'm currently
          > > deployed to Iraq), I
          > > haven't been able to find it again. It was a little
          > > kit with a handfull of
          > > tools and some Procreate I think.
          > >
          > > Has anyone seen something like this or know where I
          > > could pick something
          > > similar up? I think Jeff Valant had something
          > > similar but I've read about a
          > > few negative experiences and wouldn't want to
          > > further complicate things
          > > with my APO address(delays in delivery and such).
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance for the help.
          > >
          > > Rob

          > > removed]

        • William Neeley
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
            Hi Robert,

            I made a mistake in typing....the "must" part in my
            letter should have been "just." Actually I sculp the
            big stuff, have some pieces in galleries, etc. The
            little stuff would probably be too tough for me. I
            just wondered around the internet awhile til I found
            some kind of an answer for you.

            If, however, you'd like to sculp some big stuff, I can
            send you the websites where you can get materials to
            really do beautiful work. It's not hard...makes a nice
            present for the family. I've done two family portraits
            and my folks are really happy with them.

            Best regards

            Bill

            PS Where are you from? My family and I live in
            Independence, Missouri...Harry Truman's home town. I'm
            so old I took pictures of him when he was president
            while I worked for a local newspaper. I also recently
            sculpted him from photos with good results, I think.