Sculpting Kit?

  • Robert Fisher
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
      I know at one point I found a "sculpting kit" available on some website, but
      due to my sparatic internet access(I'm currently deployed to Iraq), I
      haven't been able to find it again. It was a little kit with a handfull of
      tools and some Procreate I think.

      Has anyone seen something like this or know where I could pick something
      similar up? I think Jeff Valant had something similar but I've read about a
      few negative experiences and wouldn't want to further complicate things
      with my APO address(delays in delivery and such).

      Thanks in advance for the help.

      Rob

    • William Neeley
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
        Hi Robert,

        I found it, I think. If you need anything else
        relative to sculping must email oomyrral@...

        Thanks

        Bill Neeley

        http://www.tabletop-terrain.com/archives/category/sculpting/

        --- Robert Fisher <bigfish229@...> wrote:

        > I know at one point I found a "sculpting kit"
        > available on some website, but
        > due to my sparatic internet access(I'm currently
        > deployed to Iraq), I
        > haven't been able to find it again. It was a little
        > kit with a handfull of
        > tools and some Procreate I think.
        >
        > Has anyone seen something like this or know where I
        > could pick something
        > similar up? I think Jeff Valant had something
        > similar but I've read about a
        > few negative experiences and wouldn't want to
        > further complicate things
        > with my APO address(delays in delivery and such).
        >
        > Thanks in advance for the help.
        >
        > Rob

        > removed]

      • Michael Cannon
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
          If you are just looking for the tools, GF9 has a sculpting set that is on
          their site:

          http://www.gf9.com

          They also sell green stuff. (BTW, John Kovaleski the owner is a Merchant
          Marine Academy grad.)

          Mike Cannon

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
            Bill,

            That's not that one I had seen before but that one looks pretty good.

            I was kinda looking for the one that came with Procreate because I have
            heard such good things, but for someone who's really trying to get their
            first start, does the difference between green stuff and Procreate really
            matter? Is either one more forgiving than the other?

            Thanks for the help.

            Rob

            On 12/9/07, William Neeley <oomyrral@...> wrote:

            > Hi Robert,
            >
            > I found it, I think. If you need anything else
            > relative to sculping must email oomyrral@... <oomyrral%40yahoo.com>
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Bill Neeley
            >
            > http://www.tabletop-terrain.com/archives/category/sculpting/
            >
            > --- Robert Fisher <bigfish229@... <bigfish229%40gmail.com>> wrote:
            >
            > > I know at one point I found a "sculpting kit"
            > > available on some website, but
            > > due to my sparatic internet access(I'm currently
            > > deployed to Iraq), I
            > > haven't been able to find it again. It was a little
            > > kit with a handfull of
            > > tools and some Procreate I think.
            > >
            > > Has anyone seen something like this or know where I
            > > could pick something
            > > similar up? I think Jeff Valant had something
            > > similar but I've read about a
            > > few negative experiences and wouldn't want to
            > > further complicate things
            > > with my APO address(delays in delivery and such).
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance for the help.
            > >
            > > Rob

            > > removed]

          • William Neeley
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 9, 2007
              Hi Robert,

              I made a mistake in typing....the "must" part in my
              letter should have been "just." Actually I sculp the
              big stuff, have some pieces in galleries, etc. The
              little stuff would probably be too tough for me. I
              just wondered around the internet awhile til I found
              some kind of an answer for you.

              If, however, you'd like to sculp some big stuff, I can
              send you the websites where you can get materials to
              really do beautiful work. It's not hard...makes a nice
              present for the family. I've done two family portraits
              and my folks are really happy with them.

              Best regards

              Bill

              PS Where are you from? My family and I live in
              Independence, Missouri...Harry Truman's home town. I'm
              so old I took pictures of him when he was president
              while I worked for a local newspaper. I also recently
              sculpted him from photos with good results, I think.