Re: Introduction

  • Tony Aldrich
    Message 1 of 75 , Nov 1, 2007
      Pop it in the freezer it will retard the setting of the epoxy..Tony
      Aldrich--- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, C YEOMANS
      <abarr1947@...> wrote:

      > Hi There,
      > Have been looking up the magic sculp, looks interesting
      and just the job, but I don't think you could leave it in between
      times, which is something I frequently have to do, but I think if I
      can now find a site that sells it, I will give it a try, have read a
      lot about it, looks good, I know nothing about putties for modelling,
      I read it is a chemical drying reaction. Anyway Thank you for this,
      am really interested in this magic sculp,

> [...]
      > oven to be delivered, if this one isn't suitable have now two tips
      on
      > here, a light bulb, I imagine this may take quite a long time,
      > there's another one from Neil who boils his then puts it in the
      > microwave, one thing your right about, going to have some fun with
      > this, can't wait to get started on something that won't hopefully
      > fall apart. Thanks for the tip. appreciate it, and I will post some
      > pictures up as soon as I can, Thank you.
      > > Angela.
      > >
      > > Juan Jose Cerda velasco <daisihin@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Will be waithing to see some of your work on the future, about
      the
      > > oven, as far as I know the polymer clay is not toxic (you may
      need
      > > see the label of the brand that you buy) so is supose to be safe
      > > put it on your oven, any how i feel the same as you and would
      > bougth
      > > a small gas oven just for baking that stuff instead of an
      > electrical
      > > one, you get more control on temperature on a gas one, also I am
      of
      > > the idea that this clay can also be bake using a ligth bulb (
      more
      > > than 100W of power)over the clay for a long period of time it may
      > > work to have a cardbox covered with aluminum foil and put the
      > figure
      > > to be baked inside, and then put the ligth bulb over the box,
      > pretty
      > > much the same oven used for curing miniatures of green stuff or
      > other
      > > epoxy putty just bigger.
      > >
      > > Good luck one thing is for sure you will have lot of fun :)
      > >
      > > --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, C YEOMANS <abarr1947@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi All,
      > > > Thank you so much for all the tips. Yes I bought far too
      > > much air drying clay, hopefully it will be useful for other
      things,
      > > but am finding it not that good for figures, I have heads and
      legs
      > > falling off, the clay is so brittle, I cannot put any pictures on
      > > here as yet, as everything I have attempted has gone pear shaped.
      > > About the polymor, have been thinking about this myself, and am
      at
      > > the moment looking to buy a toaster oven, when I find a suitable
      > one,
      > > I will get the clay, and try that. Most of the toaster ovens only
      > > have three settings, and I need a variable one, I can control
      > myself,
      > > I just don't want to put clay into my oven that I cook the food
      in,
      > > Don't fancy doing that. So Thanks again, off to search for
      toaster
      > > oven, does anyone here use one for clay?. Just wondered as am
      > having
      > > trouble finding one with a thermostat that can be controlled,
      Have
      > > bought one, but only three tempratures. OHHh I'll Get started
      > > hopefully soon, and be able to get some pictures
      > > > up on here.
      > > > Angela.
      > > >
      > > > Juan Jose Cerda velasco <daisihin@> wrote:
      > > > If you are new to sculping and want to do 5 to 6" figures
      > > polymer
      > > > clay works fine as a medium, you may want to find some books
      > about
      > > > the subjet thougth, I Remember seeing one on amazon books from
      > > > Katherine dewey the name of the book is Creating Life-Like
      > Figures
      > > in
      > > > Polymer Clay I consider it a very good starting book.
      > > >

      > > > --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Alf Vierth"
      <alf.vierth@>

      > > few
      > clay" -

      > > nice
      > 6
      > > > inch

      > > have
      > > was
      > > > get
      > > > something.

      > choice
      > like

      > > have
      The
      > stopper
      > > > for
      > either
      Sculpey
      > > firm

      > > going
      > is
      > easier.
      > > > Why
      > worry
      > and

      > and
      > > > figures,
      > > > caricatures,
      > breaks,
      > > > have
      > any
      > > what
      > > > do,
      > > > quite a
      > answer
      > > > your
      > > same
      > > person
      > > like
      > > lots
      > > > of
      > for
      > > > the
      > at
      > > > this
      > trying.

    • pabloescobear
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 24, 2013
        Hi everyone.

        I've been around here for a few months now just watching all of the back and forth, and I finally decided it was time to introduce myself.

        My name is Aaron and I'm the co–owner of Rusty Nickel Miniatures (rustynickelminiatures.com and @rnminiatures on Twitter). Were based out of Buffalo, New York and we're finishing up our final touches on our first game. We're going to be doing some play testing over the next few weeks and we're going to launch a Kickstarter page shortly after that. We have a few more games that were working on as well.

        Up to this point, I have done all of our sculpting, and although it isn't too spectacular, it is fairly good for only sculpting for six months. (About the quality of Mage Knight figures)

        I primarily sculpt using green stuff, but I also have used Fimo and grey stuff.

        I look forward to learning a lot here, and if there are any other sculptors out there looking for work, please contact me. With a successful Kickstarter launch, we will need more sculptors, so I want to start building a list now.

        Aaron