Re: quick sculpting anyone?

  • Martin Nordgren
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 1, 2007
      --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Alf Vierth" <alf.vierth@...>
      wrote:

      > Lately the VIPs haven't gone all that good. People (me included)
      have
      > tended to fret over their figures, deadlines get extended etc. etc.
      > so I'd like to suggest a new one:
      > A quicksculpting VIP. The rules are:
      >
      > 1. As soon as at least six people have agreed to do it we fire the
      > start shot
      > 2. Two days later the sculpture MUST be finished. No extensions.
      > Given that most people have dayjobs and stuff this means a real
      > sculpting time of between two and four hours I guess.
      > 3. No subject or size restrictions but it's unlikely that anyone
      > could finish a hugely detailed dragon in the timelimit set.
      > 4. Everybody posts their entries and give feedback on each others
      > entries.
      >
      > The idea would be similar to quickdrawing excercises. Nothing meant
      > for publishing (and likely not casting in this case) but a
      fastmoving
      > way to learn with the aid of others.
      >
      > So what do you say?
      > Anybody up for it?

      I'm up for it. Sounds like a good idea.
    • Alf Vierth
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 7, 2007
        --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Lovejoy"
        <michael@...> wrote:

        > I'm done! Less than 3 hours for a whole figure!
        > Sadly it's a 6mm figure, which means I'm sculpting around 2mm an
        hour...

        > Anyway, it's a Spartan Hoplite, because I'm reading Gates of Fire
        again at the moment.

        > How's everyone else getting on?
        > Regards,
        > Michael Lovejoy

        I'm at three hours twenty minutes and still have a bit to go. But
        it's a 32 mm "scale" goblin, so it's about 22 mm tall (haven't
        measured it) Probably won't be able to do much in the way of clothing
        as I've spent to much time on anatomy. But that's the point. Timing
        what takes time. Just the basic shape took about half an hour, face
        alone takes an hour and a half. Good to know...
        As I've said post regardless of wether you're finished or not. Once
        my six hours are up I'll post regardless. It's late in the evening
        here and I'm waiting for the arms to cure so will do the last bits
        tomorrow. Currently unemployed so time I have in the daytime. I've
        done step by step pictures but haven't had time to upload them.