Re: Project Miniature Box

  • Tony Aldrich
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi Simon, If you have Poser by all means persevere with it..however
      there is a French program called quidam which is far more user
      friendly and comes with some handy addons ..Tony
      --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Vaillancourt"
      <simvaillancourt@...> wrote:

      > I've added some information about New-France, Colonial America, WWI
      > and WWII.
      >
      > I am going to add poses in the coming week, I have to find out how
      > poser work.
      >
      > I've added a reward system, each mini you put online give you 1 pts.
      > Each mini that will be sold by delminiatures.com will give you 10
      pts.
      > Those pts will allow you to buy special project, each special
      project
      > will cost 10 pts. (So you sell one you get a special project to
      work on).

      > I'm looking foward seeing you on the site. Oh and I added a game
      > design thread for the design of the Free to download core system.
      >
      > Simon Vaillancourt
      > --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Vaillancourt"
      > <simvaillancourt@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi I would like to know if some of you would be interested to
      sculpt
      > > historical miniatures in your spare time. Poses and research will
      be
      > > uploaded to the forum at delminiatures.com .
      > >
      > > The Miniature box will hopefully be visited by clients that will
      buy
      > > your miniatures. I need your help so we can help each other. And
      it
      > > doesn't mean you can't do your own projects and post them on other
      > > forum. I encourage you to do so.
      > >
      > > Thanks to all that will join.
      > >
      > > Simon Vaillancourt
      > >

      > > Sorry for all members that think this mail shouldn't be in
      1stlist.
      > > I'm a first list user and always will be. I am understanding the
      > > sculptors that just need some practice on how to do commission
      > > sculpting, and that want to have project with the commission
      feeling
      > > but without the deadline and hopefully with the payment at the
      end of
      > > the line.

    • Simon Vaillancourt
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 1, 2007
        Thanks Tony ! Oh BTW, Thanks for your presentation :)

        Simon
        --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Aldrich"
        <tonyaldrich@...> wrote:

        > Hi Simon, If you have Poser by all means persevere with it..however
        > there is a French program called quidam which is far more user
        > friendly and comes with some handy addons ..Tony
        > --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Vaillancourt"
        > <simvaillancourt@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I've added some information about New-France, Colonial America, WWI
        > > and WWII.
        > >
        > > I am going to add poses in the coming week, I have to find out how
        > > poser work.
        > >
        > > I've added a reward system, each mini you put online give you 1 pts.
        > > Each mini that will be sold by delminiatures.com will give you 10
        > pts.
        > > Those pts will allow you to buy special project, each special
        > project
        > > will cost 10 pts. (So you sell one you get a special project to
        > work on).
        > >
        > > I'm looking foward seeing you on the site. Oh and I added a game
        > > design thread for the design of the Free to download core system.
        > >
        > > Simon Vaillancourt
        > > --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Vaillancourt"
        > > <simvaillancourt@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi I would like to know if some of you would be interested to
        > sculpt
        > > > historical miniatures in your spare time. Poses and research will
        > be
        > > > uploaded to the forum at delminiatures.com .
        > > >
        > > > The Miniature box will hopefully be visited by clients that will
        > buy
        > > > your miniatures. I need your help so we can help each other. And
        > it
        > > > doesn't mean you can't do your own projects and post them on other
        > > > forum. I encourage you to do so.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks to all that will join.
        > > >
        > > > Simon Vaillancourt
        > > >

        > > > Sorry for all members that think this mail shouldn't be in
        > 1stlist.
        > > > I'm a first list user and always will be. I am understanding the
        > > > sculptors that just need some practice on how to do commission
        > > > sculpting, and that want to have project with the commission
        > feeling
        > > > but without the deadline and hopefully with the payment at the
        > end of
        > > > the line.

      • Ming-Hua
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 1, 2007
          > Hi Simon, If you have Poser by all means persevere with it..however
          > there is a French program called quidam which is far more user
          > friendly and comes with some handy addons ..Tony

          And for those who want a free pose program, suitable for use with Poser
          figures, you can go for Daz studio. Both programs are good enough for
          Pose design. It only becomes more limited if you want to actually
          modify or create your own digital 3D figures (but then again, that's
          not what the programs are for).

          Bye, Ming-Hua
        • Simon Vaillancourt
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 1, 2007
            I downloaded Quidam demo version. It's a lot more easier than poser.
            It got the Game camera feature. so it's great and user friendly. I may
            put some money investment on that.

            Simon

            --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Ming-Hua" <mhckao@...> wrote:

            > > Hi Simon, If you have Poser by all means persevere with it..however
            > > there is a French program called quidam which is far more user
            > > friendly and comes with some handy addons ..Tony
            >
            > And for those who want a free pose program, suitable for use with Poser
            > figures, you can go for Daz studio. Both programs are good enough for
            > Pose design. It only becomes more limited if you want to actually
            > modify or create your own digital 3D figures (but then again, that's
            > not what the programs are for).
            >
            > Bye, Ming-Hua

          • Simon Vaillancourt
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 4, 2007
              First Poses made with Quidam are posted on the pose part of the site.

              Enjoy

              Simon