Re: new to ProCreate

  • robertfinkenaur
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi Marco,
      Kevin is correct in that we recommend on our label to keep the
      temperature in the oven under 95F (35C). As a side note for those who
      may be unfamiliar, ProCreate Putty and GS are both chemically curing
      materials and do not require an oven to harden. The heat of the oven
      is used to speed up the rate of the chemical reaction (i.e. shorten
      work life).

      Also, please keep in mind that the time at which the heat is applied
      is also a factor. For example, if excessive heat is applied to
      ProCreate Putty or GS during the first 2 hours after mixing the putty
      is still soft and is more apt to lose detail. After 2 hours, the
      putty is fairly hard and there is less risk of detail loss.

      Regarding smoothing, ProCreate Putty was formulated to be less sticky
      and therefore does not require as much lubricant. What type of
      lubricant are you useing? You may want to try useing an oil based
      lubricant or only a very small amount of water. The silicone tipped
      clay shapers that Kevin mentioned might also be useful.

      Bob Finkenaur
      Kraftmark Company