Re: New Green

  • calebthereader
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 30, 2006
      --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "calebthereader"
      <calebthereader@...> wrote:

      > --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Zurik" <agramore@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "calebthereader"
      > > <calebthereader@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hey all, im pretty new to sculpting, and this is my first
      green
      > > that
      > > > i've attempted, so i'd like some feedback eh.
      > > >
      > > > Its a model in 28mm of Haldir the elf for the Lord of the
      Rings
      > > > Strategy Battle Game... right now i've done everything but the
      > head
      > > and
      > > > cape, and sticking the bow and quiver onto his back...
      > > >
      > > > (note, i didnt do the back well because the cape will cover it
      > lol)
      > > >
      > > > sorry bout the quality, i was rushed and didnt have time to go
      > > the
      > > > studio and take some good shots...
      > > >
      > > > http://hrafn.ifastnet.com/greens/haldir1.jpg
      > > > http://hrafn.ifastnet.com/greens/haldir2.jpg
      > > > http://hrafn.ifastnet.com/greens/haldir3.jpg
      > > >

      > > Hard to tell from the pics, but the main things I see are lack
      of
      > > hard edges (can be tricky to do with greenstuff; I'm still
      working
      > on
      > > it myself) and some bits of (hardened?) yellow in the
      greenstuff.
      > > Makes me wonder if the greenstuff you are using is past its
      prime?

      > Well, it isnt past its date prime, but it was brought to me by
      > suitcase Ii live in china) and the suitcase was put near a heater
      in
      > a hotel (dang eh)
      >
      > so it is a bit messed, but i try lol...
      >
      > i was sort of going for rounded edges more than hard because its
      > elvish, and the elves were ascthetically minded especially in
      their
      > armour...i'm hoping it will look a bit better when i paint it lol

      Here he is with bow, quiver and cloak (also put a brooch on his neck)
      I hope to do the head today

      http://hraf.ifastnet.com/greens/haldirwithcloak004.jpg
      http://hraf.ifastnet.com/greens/haldirwithcloak005.jpg
      http://hraf.ifastnet.com/greens/haldirwithcloak006.jpg
    • Daniel Lynn
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 8, 2006
        Just to prove I haven't given up on the VIP 10 :) here are two pictures
        in its current status. I need to figure out what to do with the left
        hand and the face needs finishing and let's not forget horns. But, any
        suggestions are welcome.

        http://67.59.130.34/sculpt/WIP-VIP10-Tauren_Rogue_nf_1.jpg
        http://67.59.130.34/sculpt/WIP-VIP10-Tauren_Rogue_nf_2.jpg

        -Dan