ogre and mamut (WIP)

  • pablo@certezajoven.com.ar
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
      My name is Pablo, from Argentina. I read its group from a year ago.
      I would like that they criticized everything. Thank you.

      Mamut:
      http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img45476ed9724ce.jpg
      Ogre:
      http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img454775c804e52.jpg

      Thanks/Gracias
      Pablo Ortelli
    • Geordie Hicks

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
          Hi Pablo,

          I like the ogre - it has lots of character, the proportions and pose are nice and the details look sharp. I also like the mamoths head, but the rest I think could be improved. The head is far to large for the body and legs, and the legs have no discernable joints or musclature. For a sculpt this large I think it would be wise to first model the underlying major muscle groups and get those looking good before applying a thin layer over the top for the fur. The fur texture is also a bit uniform - it would look more natural if it was long in places and short in others.

          Keep up the good work - all the best,

          Ian

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
            --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "pablo@..." <pablo@...> wrote:

            > My name is Pablo, from Argentina. I read its group from a year ago.
            > I would like that they criticized everything. Thank you.
            >
            > Mamut:
            > http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img45476ed9724ce.jpg
            > Ogre:
            > http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img454775c804e52.jpg
            >
            > Thanks/Gracias
            > Pablo Ortelli

            The mamoth is great, though slightly dispraportionate around the
            head and back legs...

            the ogre could use a little bit of work on the feet and the gun, but
            looks pretty cool!
          • Zurik
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
              --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "calebthereader"
              <calebthereader@...> wrote:

              > --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "pablo@" <pablo@> wrote:
              > >
              > > My name is Pablo, from Argentina. I read its group from a year ago.
              > > I would like that they criticized everything. Thank you.
              > >
              > > Mamut:
              > > http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img45476ed9724ce.jpg
              > > Ogre:
              > > http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img454775c804e52.jpg
              > >
              > > Thanks/Gracias
              > > Pablo Ortelli

              Like everyone said, the ogre is great and the mammoth is good (just a
              bit stiff-legged and big-headed)!
            • jppatton1
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
                --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "pablo@..." <pablo@...> wrote:

                > My name is Pablo, from Argentina. I read its group from a year ago.
                > I would like that they criticized everything. Thank you.
                >
                > Mamut:
                > http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img45476ed9724ce.jpg
                > Ogre:
                > http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img454775c804e52.jpg
                >
                > Thanks/Gracias
                > Pablo Ortelli

                I very much like the mammoth. He looks stiff right now -- he needs
                some knees. :) Great texture, and I like the armor.

                The gun guy is cool. The left arm seems odd, but it might be the
                photographs. The details are quite good.

                Joel
                http://minutiae-minis.com