Re: clear sculpting material?

  • Arthur Chang
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006
      Hello Jeff,

      thanks for the input.

      I've never casted before, and I'm only planning to use this on 1
      project...

      I suppose I can sculpt it in polymer clay, and then do you think it
      will work if I make a "mold" of that with more polymer clay in which
      to cast with the water effects resin?

      Arthur

      --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, Jeff LaMarche
      <jeff_lamarche@...> wrote:

      > On Oct 30, 2006, at 12:21 PM, Arthur wrote:
      >
      > > Is there something like this that i can use to create this type of
      > > effect? I've seen the water effects resin, but they seem too, well,
      > > watery to sculpt with.
      >
      > There might be something, but I doubt it. Most likely, you'll have to
      > sculpt in putty or polymer clay, and then make an RTV mold and cast
      > it in a clear resin.

    • elfesylvainfr
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006
        I don't know if it will be as clear as you want but IIRC their is
        translucent fimo and/or sculpey, and "glow in the dark" fimo which
        is partialy clear as well

        Sylvain

        > Hello all -
        >
        > I've been lurking on this list for about a year now... I haven't
        actually done any sculpting, but have always wanted to get into it.

        > I've finally got an idea I want to try to implement, but i'm not
        sure what to use.

        > I'd like to create flames using some sort of
        transparent/translucent material -- I was inspired by this heroclix
        figure:
        > http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/Marvel/figuregallery.asp?
        unitid=6628