Re: Book Project - Guide for Artists on Military Techniques

  • Uncle Thor
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2006
      Just to let you all know:

      I have added a few new sections. Under Medieval we have added two
      more sections on mounted warfare, plus the Dusack (A German sword
      game) and early rapier.

      In the regular section we have added to the Drill and Bayonet
      sections, plus a section on Miltiary Sword.

      For folks who like unusual poses, check out the Dusack under the
      Medieval heading. Would be nice for fantasy figures,
      pirates, "Arabian nights" characters. Even the Early Rapier poses
      are cool.

      More will be added in time.

      Thor

      --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, Morgan Dummitt
      <supermoo5000@...> wrote:

      > sounds good, id buy somthing like that.
      >
      > Ming-Hua <mhckao@...> wrote: Hi,
      >
      > good idea that book. If you go to the files section/faq folder
      you
      > will find a reference list of books and websites. Down at the
      bottom
      > you will find a few sites that also have manuals for medieval
      sworc
      > fighting etc.
      >
      > This weekend I'm off to a reanactment festival to make reference
      pics
      > for similar purposes. For me the period doesn't matter too much
      as I'm
      > into fantasy. So if the pose works in reality (and can be cast!)
      it's
      > ok with me. :)
      >
      > Bye, Ming-Hua

    • Ming-Hua
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2006
        Do you already know this site? http://ejmas.com/jnc/jncframe.htm
        There are several articles there on historic fighting techniques.
        Including some directed to civilians like cane fighting and Savate,

        Bye, Ming-Hua
      • Uncle Thor
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2006
          Yes. Good site. He has a knack for finding things related to close
          combat.

          Thor

          --- In 1listSculpting@yahoogroups.com, "Ming-Hua" <mhckao@...> wrote:

          > Do you already know this site? http://ejmas.com/jnc/jncframe.htm
          > There are several articles there on historic fighting techniques.
          > Including some directed to civilians like cane fighting and Savate,
          >
          > Bye, Ming-Hua

        • Uncle Thor
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
            By the way, I added a full section of cavalry plus a lot more drill.
            Also added some bayonet pics and other things. Some of the poses
            ought to be fun for sculptors.

            http://www.thortrains.com/getright/

            Thor
          • poshgoblin
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 26, 2006
              I saw this at Reaper mini and thought some may not have:
              http://reapermini.com/TheCraft/27
              ciao,
              posh

            • bys_gwyrdd
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 29, 2006
                Great work! Well done

                Here's one sculptor who was a soldier, i know what you are saying.

                But please bear this in mind when ' up the sharp end' for most
                soldiers drill go's to Rat 5h1t!