Re: question on detailing flat surfaces...

  • Ming-Hua
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi,

      He used Milliput slabs. He also notes that he has them cured in a
      putty oven to make them harder. Having done putty cutting myself, I'd
      probably mix in green stuff as well as for me this is easier to carve.

      Bye, Ming-Hua
    • Da Khan
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
        On a related question Ming - what would you reccomend for
        a mix to press into this kind of mold?
        James K. Craig
        <Seemingly being stalked by Dyer all over the darn net>
        Satisfaction is the Death of Desire
        -Hatebreed

        -----------------------
        Find all your favorite comics and collectibles at TFAW.com.
        http://www.tfaw.com/?qt=wmf
      • Ming-Hua
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
          > On a related question Ming - what would you reccomend for
          > a mix to press into this kind of mold?
          The filigrane moulds? I'd not put putty in there but would add a layer
          of putty on the figure and then press the putty into it. Make sure he
          mould is well dusted with talcum powder to avoid it sticking. I'd go
          for green stuff as a putty since this stays together better (doesn't
          get torn up that easily).

          Bye, Ming-Hua